Women's Health: Postpartum Community

why are my breast getting milky liquid when i am not pregnant

hi ladies, i had a miscarriage 6 months ago and been trying to get pregnant since. my breast produce a milky white liquid when i sqeeze my nipples. is this normal????? i have my period at the mo which was very painful and i was a week late. i took a test 3 weeeks ago( i know a bit early) and it was neg. i am using OPK. i am sure i was pregnant this time. the bleeding has stopped after a heavy first day. but i am in pain still . it is 2 days since my period started. whats going on???? my other periods have been light since the miscarriage and not this painful.

thankyou x
I've heard periods can be pretty unpredictable and vary in pain and heaviness after a miscarriage. Regardless if you were pregnant or not, your breasts shouldn't be producing colostrum that early on in pregnancy. Sometimes cysts/tumors can cause leaking nipples, but you should make an appointment with your doctor and ask them to do an ultrasound to see if there's any cysts or tumors causing the leakage. Good luck!
thankyou Kimberlee for your reply. i will go and see my doctor about this problem. i have checked for lumps and i havnt felt anything. i hope its not a tumor! my friend who is a midwife said it could be hormonal and also because i am around babies all the time at work ( i am a nurse but even though i am i still need advice like everyone else!) and this can happen sometimes. i will let you know what the outcome is.

cheers Nicky