Can u get pregnant on the pill?
I have just started taking the pill.  My gyno prescribed it because I had been on the depo and was having irregular periods.  I have only been taking it for about five days, and I was just wondering if I could get pregnant while on it? Because on the 11th I believe I started ovulating (this is the first time since I quit the depo) and I am wondering if the combination of the pill, and the provera the hospital put me on kind of shocked my body back into normalcy.  My partner and I want to have a child, and I am just wondering if it is likely that I could ovulate and get pregnant while on the pill since I haven't even been on it that long.
I have been takeing Yazmin for a month now. I started having sex while I was just one it for a week and a half and now I am suppose to be on my period and nothing??? Any thoughts PLEASE, I just moved to a new place any from all my family. HELP.
I have been takeing Yazmin for a month now. I started having sex while I was on it for a week and a half and now I am suppose to be on my period and nothing??? Any thoughts PLEASE, I just moved to a new place any from all my family. HELP.
I have a question,I've only got 21 pills because me&my boyfriend have decided its time to have sex, seven days before we have sex I started taking the pill same time everyday!then we had sex,I've conued to use the remaning pills same time everyday,but when they are finished and I have none could there be a possibility I could become pregnant?xxx
I started taking birthcontroll in sept. And took it for a week and three days and stop cause my breast was hurting bad. So I had breakthrough bleeding and went to the doctor she gave me pills to make the bleeding stop and i took them for seven days and stop and my doc gave me some more lo birthcontroll pills I took them for three weeks and stop cause I was feeling dizzyie and nausea.i had sex in sept the last of the month but no breakthrough after this one in october could I be pregant .
i take the pill everyday at 10am, im on the dianna/estelle. ive never missed a day. my periods hasnt come yet, it usally takes a while for it to come anyway, but the other night i had somthing like a cramp and in the morning i found brown spotting on my pad and there has been no blood since. im a little worried, but it has to be impossible that im pregnant?
What if you are on a low dose birth control, like I'm on Errin, and I don't let him finish in me but he pre cums while in me. Could I get pregnet ?
Last year i got pregnant as i wasnt on the pill. During this i had a lot of symptoms such as awfull sickness(not just the mornings but all day!!) and some brown distarge. However i had a miscarraige. Since then i have been on the pill and have taken it same time everyday however, the last month or so i have missed a few and took some late. I have been needing the loo every 2 seconds and have been really tired and had some distarge, but no sickness!? Could pregnancy syptoms be different whilst on the pill?!?
mmkay soo i was on antibiotics for 4 days, i didnt take my birthcontroll for that for days my boyfriend busted in me an the next day he busted all over me down there but not in me. What are the chances of my being pregooo?
The pill that contains estrogen is intended to prevent ovulation, in rare cases it won't work properly, but it's rare.  The pill that has progesterone is the one that thickens the uterine wall, preventing implantation.  There are pills that contain both estrogen and progesterone.  

It sounds like the one you have been on is the one that contains only progesterone.  
i had sex last month and i got my periods on taking contraceptive..bt this month i didnt get my periods still.can i become pregnant
If you're worried about the effectiveness of the pill, why don't you use a condom too??
i had sex with two guys that i went out with an my period just got done like 2 days ago and im on the pill i was on it for 3 yrs now do you think im prego
i have been on Yasmin for about three months, on the 17th of december i forgot to take my pill sue to a hangover but i took 2 on the 18th i then had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he ejaculated inside me can i be pregnant?
okay I had unprotected sex and that night I forgot to take the pill, then the next day I took it. Can I still get pregnant, and if so will taking the pill hurt the baby? I need a response asap. Im kinda worried about this.
i really need yor help guys i missed my pills for 3days n i had sex im scared to start
drink my pills again my bf is scared that i get pregnat
i had my period only for 2 days then the other day i had sex with out condom now is about 4month i drinked my 21days pill can u help meeeee!!!!!!!!!! please
If you don't get the doodle you don't get pregnant. ohh and might want to wait a few weeks before the doodle.
:)
Blowjobs are the best way to please a man without having to worry about getting pregnant.
Dr. Stan
Do I have chlamydia?
Dr. Stan
I have been taking the pill for years, and had switched my GENERIC birth control pill for a "stronger" one. Well, had red wine on Dec. 16 lead into Dec. 17 - one time took off condom that wasnt umm behaving? I wasn't concerned given a) never got pregnant on pill in decades b) 99.2%.effective! c) never heard of anyone getting pregnant on pill! d) I'm habitual - such a part of routine, take same time every morning before brush teeth. I'M AWESOME - NOT. Went for annual bloodwork following week. HgC levels? >25 ~ 26 point something offhand to be exact. No. Way. Impossible. 4 more exams of blood done. Same. Went to a 2nd Doctor. 2 blood exams. All >25 HgC. How in 5 days since sex was I pregnant already? And how could it be detected so soon? I learned how... I had not been with anyone for 3 months prior either, think my levels would be TAD bit higher. Sonogram confirms Dec. 17-22 2011 Conception Date Since My Partners Sperm Stay Swimming For 5 Days and since the reasons the Pill failed me now known - lucky me - PRIME TIME DURING/PRE OVULATION FOR AN EGG TO DROP.  I SO THOUGHT THIS DIDN'T OCCUR: WHY ELSE WOULD WE TAKE THE PILL? NOW A WORLD OF KNOWLEDGE SURROUNDS ME: A) I WAS ON ANTIBIOTICS STILL (LEVAQUIN 750 MG FOR 10 DAYS, BAD UPPER RESPITORY INFECTION) IN DEC B) ANTIBIOTICS 2X IN NOVEMBER FOR PRE-DENTIST (AMOXYCILLAN) AND THAT UPPER RESPITORY HORROR WHICH STARTED IN SEPTEMBER (ADD TO LEVAQUIN 750 MG, AUGMENTIN 1500 MG A DAY! FOR TWO WEEKS) C) RED WINE A STAPLE D) MY OTHER MEDS: FERROUS SULFATE, PRILOSEC, LORATIDINE (RX CLAIRITIN), CLONAZEPAM AS NEEDED E) GENERIC, MUCH WEAKER INDEED.

I'm upset with myself that I didn't know this but I feel like women especially, should not have to be our  own doctors? Why wouldn't ONE OB/GYN OR INTERNIST OR ANY DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST MENTION THIS? Not my profession, its theirs for a reason.

Of course it gets better: I wasnt ready, certainly with a guy I knew, but we Just had our first of 3-4 intimate moments till the am, using a condom all the other times THOUGH - LEAKAGE ONE TIME AS WELL (SORRY FOR BEING SO FRANK, BUT I KNOW YOU HAVE ALL BEEN THERE!).

I wondered why he said upon my telling him (and we both went away overseas for 1 & 2+ weeks. Me after Christmas, him the 22 Dec-Jan 4) "I'm shocked but accept everything". Then ignored me until this week. Long story still, last night I wondered upon seeing him, how he could keep asking me "what's wrong? What are u thinking about?" Then asked me why I didn't want wine. He actually said "You're still pregnant. No. You were on the pill. We're not pregnant" because I noted his moronic wine comment, then when asking him, what does he feel/think, he got annoyed and said "STOP IT! YOU'RE NOT PREGNANT! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE" - NOT FEELING TOO GREAT RIGHT NOW, THOUGH I GET WHY HE NEVER ASKED ONE THING NOW. I WONDER IF IT'S POSSIBLE TO HAVE A TEST THAT SHOWED LEVELS OF THE HORMONES FROM THE PILL SPECIFICALLY THEN? DUMBEST QUESTION EVER ASKED, BUT OF COURSE I GOT THE "NOW I DON'T BELIEVE U WERE ON THE PILL" BS. I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH SOMEONE LIKE HIM, NOW THAT I KNOW HIS TRUE COLORS, BUT AT 36 IF I DON'T HAVE AN ABORTION, I OF COURSE WANT TO KNOW HIS FAMILIAL GENETICS. AND, IF BABY WANTS TO SEEK OUT DADDY, BABY DESERVES IT, AND HE HAS RIGHTS. And here I thought I was being nice by telling him ASAP, because I believe he has a right to a say in the decision. Sorry for the long winded message, I don't fancy being told this is all make believe. He wouldn't have been the one I would have one day liked to have children with either, though men tend to think much of themselves I see now with such matters - thanks for your time and advice :)
I'm in nursing school, and you can get pregnant from a personal mistake of missing a day of taking the pill. You also ovulate 14 days after any first day of your period. Anyone can get pregnant on the pill. Just make sure to double up on protection!
Wil i get pregnant after takin the pill and i don't know how it is.i took only a pill in the next afternoon.so can any one tell me how i wil know whether i am pregnant or not?
Can any one tell me is it taking a pill is ok or need to take more?
My partener and i (both in our 20s are trying to pregnant. My mother is very controling and makes me change my patch every sunday while she'd over at my house (She checks! it's horrible!) Is there a way to get pregnant purposfully whie on the patch??? (My mother and i have had many a long argument about this, she wants her grandchildren born in wedlock - don't plan on getting married- something about god, shame and other stuff I don't care to listen too.)

*** We have our own place and steady jods***
I have been taking pills for almost a year and half.but most likely i missed drinking it in aday thats why i drnk 2 pills on the next day.this day of the month i already stopped drinking.is it possible that i can get prgnant after  month..because i feel something also now and also i vomit this past few days
Hi girls,

I have a question and was wondering if anyone had been in the same boat at all.
SO, I was overseas in January and on Diane-35. My partner and i went to liverpool and i forgot my packet at his parents house where we were staying. Anyways so i missed 4 pills from the 6th-9th January and got my breakthrough bleed on the 10th-11th. Because we had intercourse while we were away i was scared of being pregnant so i didnt continue taking the pill. Then 2 weeks 4 days later i stupidly decided to begin a new pill pack, when i still hadn't had my period.
Since then I've had extremely sore breasts but especially my nipples which are starting to get better, I have also become very bloated. The last week or so i have been having some vaginal discharge that is clear and somes a very light yellow lotiony colour, there is no odour, itchyness, etc at all.

So my question is does anyone think i may be pregnant i did a home test a week ago which was negative but just cant relax about it. i have a doctors app. on monday.

Thanks :)

ps. i know i was very irresponsible with the pill it was a once off!
im 18 yrs old, ive been with my bf for 5 mnths, weve been "consistantly" having sex for about 2 and a half months. a few weeks ago we had sex while i was on my period, and i know its ALOT easier to get pregnant on your period. oh i forgot to mention im on birth control (ortho lo) and ive been on it for 2 months... can i still get pregnant while on my period and on the pill? (we always have unprotected sex but lately ive been feeling uneasy about it (feeling a bit nauseas during the day, breast enlargement, tenderness and swelling; mood swings; but no morning sickness, though im just getting over a cold) and my mom has even mentioned my slight weight gain and my breast size almost a full cup size increase... am i pregnant, crazy, or just gaining weight and boobs from my pills and eating habits?

thanks for the help!
You absolutely can get pregnant if you are on the pill ... my child is testament to that.  

If you are taking antibiotics, BE SURE to use a condom or other means of contraception along with your pills.

Years ago, it was not made known to women that antibiotics could wipe out the effectiveness of your birth control pills.  Tetracycline is particularly potent.  

After a serious auto accident and two following surgeries ( and because I had heart issues and the risk of infection could be deadly to me ) I was on a heavy regimen of antibiotics ( including Tetracycline ) and steroids.   I also missed taking two of my pills because I was in the hospital without access to them.   Nine months later, I was a single mom at the ripe old age of 22.

We used to think ( and some women still do ) that birth control pills are a fool-proof shield against unplanned pregnancy.   Not so.  Be very, very careful if you are put on antibiotics.
Can you get pregnant after only being on Tri-Previfem for 2 weeks? Claimed to hae never missed and roughly the exact same time eery time taken. Curiosity for my Great niece. I worry about her and shes scared to look up any info herself. I dont know much about that specific pill and was wandering if anyone did?
TY.
I have missed 2 pills & took them the next morning, and my other pills at regular time. Can you get pregnant like that with unprotected sex?
i was woundering i come on my period 6days early and only been on for 3days. i am in the pill and havent forgotten any, i have been feeling unwell for 3days now feelin sick, tierd and havin a bad tummy. i was just woundering, could i be pregnent?
when you're pregnant, you dont get your period. most women get spotting, i didnt though. i wasnt able to eat much, id be starving like crazy and eat a half a piece of bread and be full the whole day. theres kindof like an instinct thing in your mind.. i dont knoww about you but i dont have to keep track of my periods cuz it just clicks in my brain telling me its gonna come soon..  its kinda the same thing. i had constant nausea for a couple months and cramps, often going to the washroom, mixed emotions like mad sad happy in a really short time..

the thing with the pill is that is kindof does the same thing to you. im on it and this is the 2nd time i take it and youre most likely to gain weight and get worse headaches and nausea because it screws around with your hormones like if you were pregnant almost.. also on the pill just like when youre pregnant, your breasts get reaaaal sore. when i was pregnant it was almost unbearable lol..

i hope ive anwered a few questions :)
a week ago i came off the implanon. the doctor prescribed me levora, which is a form of the pill about two months ago due to some comlications with the implanon... i want to have a baby now, so if i stop taking the pill now, will i get pregnant?
No it won't do anything to the baby. There were no studies of anything happening after getting pregnant while on birth control.
If u have 1 tube and never fall pregnant 4 2years of trying do you think starting the pill and missing it during time of ovulation will help me conceive?
If you're worrying about your mom getting mad at you, you're obviously not old enough or mature enough to have a child. Finish school, get a job, wait until your in a long and happy relationship. And then wait some more. We don't need more people and their children on welfare. Don't be an idiot.
I BEEN ON DEPO FOR 3 YRS AND STARTED THE PILL A WK AND 3 DAYS AGO BUT HAD SEX, IS THERE ANYWAY I COULD BE PREGO???
I got on the pill two weeks ago and i had took them and then had unprotected sex and then two days later i took the pill and a week later i had unprotected sex again twices in one day and i had ran out of the pills so two days later i started my period could i be pregnant
I have taken the pill for ten years. The pill dose not stop ovulation.. What it dose is thickens your uterus so no egg can attach itself to the womb.. Think people need to look at the packet before taking. Its 99,8% affective but nothing is ever 100%. I now think i might be pegnant but also i suffer from p.i.d and they both create the same symptoms. Dont go on the implate as ive known too meny women go crazy on ut due to the high hormones within it. Nothing is 100%. Go for the pill and comdom there for you have more chance of not being pregnant. Look up the pill as it will tell you what ive said.. If it stoped ovulation you wouldnt have a period. Wish people got there facts right.
I have been on the pill for 2 weeks and 1 day now and I had unprotected sex 4 days ago and again 2 days ago. I have been really good about taking my pills every evening at 8 pm but the first day I had unprotected sex, I forgot to take it but took it the next day, and I also missed one the second time I had unprotected sex but took it the next day. I have an app on my phone called Period Tracker and according to my calender, I was fertile during that week and 2 days ago when I had unprotected sex for the second time, I was ovulating. Is there a chance I could be pregnant?

I took the Depo Provera from July-December 2011 and I didn't use any other form of birth control besides condoms since I started using my current birth control pill which, like I said, I just started 2 weeks ago. It's called Norg-Ethin Estra (generic for ortho-cyclen)

Me and my boyfriend want a baby. I quit taking my birth control about a week ago. But I have missed so many pills because I forgot to take them... But now we are trying to have a baby and I quit taking them. How long will it take to know if I'm ovulating at all again? How long would it take for me to get pregnant? When I was 15 I had a miscarriage. I've been scared that I can't get pregnant. I want a baby so bad it's drivin me crazy!
Hi, I have been taking Aviane 21 BC, but I got confused and stopped them a week to soon, my last period was Oct 31, had sex with my partner Nov 9 till  Nov 13 while on the pill, he had to travel on the 13 so no more sex, and i was away on the 16 and forgot to take my pill, thinking i was at the end of the cycle and haven't had sex since the 13 i taught i was safe, but since i didn't get a period i check on the dates and realize i did stopped them a week to soon, now is Dec 13 still no period, negative home preg tests, have a history of not showing positive until 7 or 8 weeks preg if i am i should be 6 weeks now, this wait is driving my partner and me nuts, don't know what to think of it; i should have had my period after taking pills for 2 weeks; I'm 39, don't know if it might be a sign of menopause,
how long was you in the pill for and also was you on anyother contreption sorry cant spell as i was on implant now on pill and just wondered if i could as been on pill 3 weeks
hey im 20 years old and me and my fiancé had a opps well im 3 weeks in on my bc and I have no idea what the chances are ,...
OMFG!! First up there are some really dumb people on this site,you're asking questions but not listening to answers - maybe read before blindly posting.

Second of all this convo is so scare mongering, i've been taking the pill for about 3-4 years now, my boyfriend and I don't really use condoms and I've never been pregnant (yet!) Because I take my pill on time and it's 99.2% effective, I mean taking it properly and an effective rate of 99% shouldn't that be enough?
I am in a simular situation and just need reassurance; me and my partner have protected sex by using the Yasmin Pill and condom however the condom had split; i wasnt sure if he finished all inside me but i am worried as there could be a chance of this; i have never missed taking a pill, ive been on it for about 2 years now and was wanting reasurrance of what i should do next as my pill finishes within 5 days. Thank you
I am turning 18 next month, I have been on birth control for about 2 or 3 months, due to Ovarian Cysts which I have a 5 cm hemoglyphic on the rght side, and I'm not sure if the one on the left is still there, me and my bf had interintercourse last night unprotected, I know it is very earlt but I'm scared and idk if I could get pregnant?
i have been taking yasmin bc pill for about 3 weeks, and i had unprotected sex with my husband, would i get pregnant??
I'm on birth control but I did not refill my prescription in time so I went a day without it after my period. My first day being back on the pill I had unprotected sex, 14 days later I had spotting but just for one day. it is now time for my period and I am a day late and just started spotting instead of a period. Am I pregnant?
I was on bc for a couple months and then stopped because I'm trying to get pregnant.  can I just take one pill tonight to help stop my period without it effecting me trying?