Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Dark Blood between Periods

I sometimes get dark blood discharge in between periods it last a few days to a week and ranges from a little smear to sometimes a clump.  It does not hurt and does not flow like my period.  It's more like dark (almost black)discharge.  I notice I get it a day or two after exercising and thought I might be aggravating something.  This has been happening sporadically over 5 years.. I am 31 years old.  I am not on the pill and never have been and don't have kids (I did get an abortion 8 years ago).  I have gone to a few gynocologists and they've said all my tests were normal.  I also had an ultrasound (in between my cycle)to look for possible polyps but they said it looked clear and normal.  My last gynocoligist told me to go for another ultrasound a few days after my period as they may get a clearer picture.  This makes me nervous as I don't think it's normal and no one can give me an answer.  I've read about endometriosis and am not sure if I really have those symptoms and since my dr. never brought it up I figured that was not the issue. I was hoping that someone could shed some light on this for me.

Thank you.
11 Responses
I am having the exact same issue, and have almost the same background/age as you (with the exceptin that I have never been pregnant).  Have you learned anything else?
Did you ever get a reply on this one? I have the same history and same problem..
Me too, I'm 21 and i get it after exercise and never been pregnant.  not on pills either
I have almost the same exact history and problem. I have been to several doctors to no avail. Has there been any diagnosis or light on this subject?
I am 26 years old and I have been having the same problem. I Have endometriois and it is no Joke. I lost one of my tube when i was 21 due to a tubal pregnacy. I have not yet been able to get pregnant since. I heard that sometime loosing weight helps, with fertillity so thats when i started workin out  and now i have been seeing that dark brown bleeding and almost black blood. Is that a side effect of working out or somthing. I really need to talk someone that is going through what im going through. somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!!
i've been having the same problem too! i keep looking up what it could be, and the diseases are freaking me out. We need someone tot ell us what's going on...I hope it's nothing serious! HEEELLLPPPP :O
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.