Fasting during pregnancy!

Hi and thanks a lot for your attention, I'm pregnant and my embryo is 7 weeks old.
Now I have a problem and need your help. I'm Moslem and this month is Ramadan which called Lent. In this month we must abstain eating from 5 a.m. up to 6:20 p.m. (nearly 14 hours). We are eating two times, one after 6:20 p.m. and second before 5 a.m. and also between these times we can eat. I'm not sure that this regime is harmful for my embryo or not?
Would you please let's know whether I'm permitted (for my baby's health) to follow this regime or not?

I'm waiting your reply with my best regards
Mbatiri
no that is definatly not good for a developing baby and yourself you will find yourself being sick feeling sick and lathargic i wouldnt say it would be the best option i no i went through the same thing if i didnt have access to food for a while i would feel really sik and im not normal a very big eater you have to eat for you and your baby best of luck anyway amanda
I would say that it would not be the best thing, especially if you are not allowed juice or water. Not to mention that at where you are now in your pregnancy is usually when morning sickness starts if you have not started having it now. To have an empty stomach all day will only worsen the empty stomach. Your baby needs nutrients. I am sure that your family and religious leaders will understand, hopefully.
Mandi
Is there something else you can give up during that time?
It is clearly stated in muslim law that pregnant women, breast feeding women and menstruating women, as well as the elderly and ill are not expected to fast.
Hi and thanks my friends for your reply.
For "jluhart", I would say No, there isn't any thing that we can give up during fasting.
For "Sares", I would say there is not any muslim law for pregnant which should eat during pregnancy and they say it must be accordance with doctor's agreements.
For "still a mom", I asked this question with internet experts(pregnancy experts) and they said that baby will pumped out anything it need to growth properly from mom's body, and you should take into account your general conditions. If you have headache or vertigo or any other unusual condition, you must eat and otherwise you can get it.
At the end, I should say that there is nothing greater than satisfying the god and I'm sure also my baby would be agree with me.
at least take a vitamin before you start. i dont see the harm with fasting. your still pretty early and i think everything should be fine.i had to take the glucose test 4 times and each time i couldnt have anything after midnight even if the appt. was at noon or later. just take your pre- natal vitamins. congrats on the baby
mbatiri - If you already had your mind made up that you were going to fast because you're sure that your baby would agree with you, and and already talked to "pregnancy experts", then why did you post the question?

sares - can you explain where in the law it clearly states it?
I worked with a Muslim and he said that anyone that was sick or something would not have to fast.  I am sure pregancy would fall under the catagory of you dont have to.  However, if you choose to eat well balanced meals or whatever during the time period you are allowed to eat, then it should be fine.  I thought you fasted from dawn until dusk (sun up to sun down), why could you not eat more often than you stated?
Hi,  I wrote that post quickly between cases at work and didn't articulate myself very well! When I said the muslim law, I meant the Koran. I am a theate ob/gyn nurse, we have lots of muslim patients here and when they are pregnant or breast feeding they don't fast because they have told me that the koran states that pregnant, breast feeding, the ill or elderly are not expected to. I am quite surprised that "mbatiri" feels that she is expected to, but perhaps in her particular muslim community they are more strict on this (purley speculation on my part!) Have a good day, hope this clarifies. Sars
Hi and thanks everyone that is interested in this matter.
For "Iwantotbemom", I would say that I want to collect every new ideas about this matter that if fasting affects baby's growth or not? As you know science and knowledge growth every day and new things come to know every hour. For that reseaon I want to know is there any new idea?
For "gonza" I would say we eat other time than sun up-sun down but as you know our stomach has a limitted space and we can only full it and no more.
For "sares" I would say that there is not anything in koran for pregnancy but for others, its true. Please say this for your patient if they talk about that with you. As you know we have one koran and its commands is very clear and don't related to communities.
At the end I thank you and waiting new idaes about relation between fasting and baby's health.
Best regards
Mbatiri
I went online and researched the rules of Ramadan.  You seem to be mistaken that you are absolutely required to fast:

Finding #1
Beginning Nov. 17, Muslims will be expected to abstain from all food, drink, and conjugal relations from the first light of dawn until sundown. Those who are sick, elderly, pregnant or at war, however, may fast at another time. At the close of each day, families and friends gather to break the fast together with water and dates and a special dinner.

Finding #2
PREGNANT AND NURSING MOTHERS
When a pregnant woman or nursing mother eats, they do so for the health of themselves and their babies. Their decision to fast depends on how they feel. If they feel that fasting may jeopardize their life and injure the unborn or newly born, the Lawgiver gives them permission to break fast. They will have to make it up at any time after Ramadan before the next Ramadan.

i know this sounds horrible, but stuff ur religion for now, you got to think about the 2 most important things, you are your baby, and not ur religion

sorry if that sounded harsh.