A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members
1837563 tn?1339907400

Fibroids, Heavy bleeding & Anemia

Hi, I am 31 years old. I had a 9cm fibroid removed june 2009. Got pregnant 7 months later. During my 12 week ultrasound, they found another 5cm fibroid ! Well I had the baby 9/2010.. But now, my periods are 7 days long. The first 36-48 hours HEAVY BLEEDING! I saturate a pad every hour. Everytime I go to urine, blood gushes too, then I feel so lightheaded during these times. the rest of the days taper off. But on the 4th day, it gets heavy again for a few hours and then completely tapers off until day 7. Im anemic, dont know how low my actual iron count is. But I know I walk around feeling like im gonna damn near pass out sometimes. Im weak, dizzy, lightheaded, I have no life basically, other than laying in the bed or on the floor. I figuer it has gotten bigger. I will continue my treatment once my insurance kicks in. Im thinking of a hystorectomy, but my doc said I was too young. Does anybody else experience fibroids, heavy bleeding and anemia symptoms? Also, I dont have much pain during my periods, just heavy bleeding..plus this is causing my anxiety to go crazy!!
3 Responses
1666434 tn?1325265950
I would get a lot of cysts when I drank coffee, on both my breasts and ovaries which caused painful periods.  I take Rainbow Light prenatals now to help with iron (non-constipating) and it helps.  I used to get so sick when I had my periods and now I am a lot better during it.
1837563 tn?1339907400
Thank you for replying! I can relate to the sick during the period part, my period is starting today, and ugh!! I got this nasty headache with dizziness...tomorrow is when it starts heavy!
Not looking forwARD TO IT
1666434 tn?1325265950
mine used to be so bad I would have to literally call in from work once a month, I definitely empathize with you.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.