Night Sweats Before Period

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and/or has any solutions. For a few years, I have experienced night sweats about a week to a couple of days before my period. They usually stop the first day of my period and then start up again the next month. And when I say sweats, I mean drenching... getting up at night at least twice to change and wanting to change my bedding but being too tired to do so. I have spoken with only gynecologist who blew it off. I have since changed gynecologists, but haven't met with her yet to discuss this. I read on the internet that it may have something to do with my progesterone level or that I may be premenopausal... but I'm only 33 and have been experiencing this for many years already. Hard to believe I'm going through menopause.

Anyway, any insight would help. I've tried everything... different sheets, different pajamas, turning the heat up, turning the heat down, fans... Nothing is helping.

Thanks!

I am totally the same with night sweats before my period.  Mine started about 3 years ago and i get them usually a week or a few days before I am due to start.  I often wake up freezing cold because i am soaked through.  I have not found any answers from my GP but I was tested for menopause but they were negative.  I am guessing that it is a hormone that changes or switches to overdrive just before I start.  But I too would like some suggestions, advice etc.

Hi there, I've had the same for years also, however seems to be more random when I'm on the pill. I"m currently seeing  a specialist who is doing a lot of different tests, so will let you know how I get on! I'm 37 and have probably had these problems since I was about 30, but it causes me a bit of anxiety because I keep thinking it could be something serious, so hoping for some answers!!
Ladies monitor the night sweats keeping a calender for each episode and see how often they occur that way when going to the GYN and he asks is it random or during menstration you can tell him definitively. I have night sweats also but they are due to removal of ovary and will continue until menopause! So good luck on your quests for the answers.
I hope you find some answers. Please post, if you don't mind, if you find anything out. My new ob/gyn had no ideas, other than saying that I should check with a dermatologist and get on some pills to reduce the amount that I sweat. It only happens right before my period, so I guess I could time taking the pills pretty well, but I wish there was another answer.

But, it feels better that I'm not the only one!
I'm sorry you're suffering, too. Do you remember when they started for you? It's been about 5 years for me, and counting.
I am 37 and this started for me a couple of months ago.  It is only the week before my period and then its gone.  I have an appt. with my OBGYN next week.  Sounds more common than I thought.  I have had nothing but problems since I had my tubes tied about 6 years ago, I am thinking after doing some research that the tubal ligation threw me into menopause- post tubal ligation syndrome.  Has anyone else had a tubal?  
Hi Maddie,

No I haven't had tubal. I wonder if the sweats are related to your procedure....
Hello, Im a 29 year old female and I've just started getting night sweats right before and during my period. When this first happened I was Freaked Out!!!! I went to my doctor and ordered a TB and HIV test, and that's because when you google night sweats everything that is fatal comes up first.LOL. And that freaked me out. Thank GOD that the test were negative. Then I started to wonder if it was premenapause. I just dont know, I guess this is more common then I thought.I hope we all find out why we got the sweaties! LOL
Hi, glad that I found this forum here. I'm 44 and started the night sweats in the 30's.  Usually it is about a week or few days before my period. I'm about to have my period 7 days ago but it is late.  I'm not pregnant and feel really bloated.  I had my night sweat last night and all the chills that I used to feel just before I get my period.  Not sure if I blame it on recent traveling and my cold mediation during my vacation 2 weeks ago that could have delayed my period.  Or I could be starting perimenopause. Anyone experienced the same when they were starting perimenopause.

Thanks.
I don't have answers, but I do have night sweats!  I am 24 years old and have been having night sweats days to a week before the start of my period for a couple of years now.  I am, and have been, on birth control (Nuva Ring) the entire time.  My doctor did not have any answers for me, either, but did not think that I am going through early menopause.  No tests have been done, though.  I want to investigate the reason behind these premenstrual night sweats; I'm sick of them!  A google search reveals only perimenopause or, as itwokemeup wrote, conditions such as HIV and TB!
I have the same thing happen to me. Mine started about 2yrs ago. I am now 38. My doctor told me i could be perimenopausal, although she said there is a test to do i have to have NOT had period in 6 months. Strange thing is I am on my third period in 30 days....Not any fun. ...This one is lasting longer than my usal 3-4 days, it is going on 9 days....

I gave up on my doctor for this and have scheduled an appt. with a gyno, but it is not until next month...
I'm 24 and started having this started in March (23 at the time), but I never thought anything about it so I ignored it and then I laid in bed one night and realized when and how often they were coming. A few days before my period and during my period then they quit until it's due again. I still have no answers to this. So if anyone finds out anything, please feel free to share!