can you get pregnant if you haven't had a period?

Hello ladies! i have posted here before and just as an update it has been almost 4 months now since i stopped taking BC pills and still no period! Does that mean i won't be able to get pregnant since i am not ovulating? A few weeks ago i was getting really bad cramps but no period, what does that mean? I want to be pregnant but with no period yet i don't know if its possible?? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
You need to see your doctor and figure out what's going on.  It shouldn't take this long to get your periods back.
I went to the doctor she said after stopping BC pills it could take this long she told me to wait about another month!! And that they usually don't start checking things out until i haven't gotten one for 6 months!
well I'll give u my thoughts on this I think there is a possibility u can still get pregnant because Drs say that u r most fertile after coming off birth control so if u have been having sex and haven't had period yet I'd do a test maybe u r pregnant good luck to u if this is what u want keep me informed I'm very curious to know
I'm going to disagree with your doc.  Perhaps occasionally it might take that long, but not often.  It may take a few months to get regular periods back, but not to have completely stopped.

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/amenorrhea.jsp

Note under "Secondary Amenorrhea" that it says your period should start within a month or two of discontinuing the pill, but OCCASIONALLY it may take up to a year.  

How old are you?  If you are in your 30's, I wouldn't waste a lot of time getting this investigated.
I meant to say you shouldn't waste a lot of time before getting this investigated.
since i always been irreguar i think that you should tell them to give you an ultrasound and look at your ovaries, in my case i had an ovarian cyst, which was causing the irreguar periods for me.i think 6 months is too long to wait and see, did you check if you were preganant?
1.)  In direct answer to the question... Yes, you can get pregnant without periods, I have a 14 and 9 year old to prove it.  Both were suprises and I was about 3-5 months pregnant when I found out.

2.)  6 months to figure out why you haven't had a period is far too long.  I went 16 months without a period and my doctor freaked out when she found out (I recently changed doctors).  Cysts can make you irregular, as can thyroid conditions.  I'm sure there are other reasons.  I know that when it would go for extended periods of time, I would take test after test after test and they would always be negative...... just got my first positive result in about 3-4 years yesterday, and confirmed with blood test.

Good Luck and you have my thoughts.
i have to agree a little bit with everyone, myself i am almost 22 and am expecting my second child. i've had irregular periods since i first started getting periods. i would go well over 6 months without periods, but i never got diagnosed with a cyst, thyroid problems or anything of the sort. but i promise it is very likely that you could be pregnant...that's what happened to me. good luck and congrats if so!!
I agree with waitingonbaby#2 I have never been regular and never taken birth control, but I have a 12 yr old and I was pregnant with a little girl, but God needed her more. So i think you can get prego without having your period, I would go months without one and well, I was preggo 2 times. I am 34 yrs old!
Yes absolutly I basically do not have periods except for right after having my children. I have a 10 year old and a 15 month old and I am 30 weeks pregnant now with really no previous periods. It is defanitly possible hang in there.
i have a 10 yr old , after i had him i went on the depo shot for 3 months and had to stop it because it made me so  sick but it also took usalmost 6 months to concieve our son, so no 10 years later no other children and  not from lack of trying... i went from not having a period for months and months and months to bleeding for months and months and  i went to many different drs and even to the er a few times and they kept telling me it was a just a heavy period i finally callaped due to the fact my iron was so drastically low yet no one could explain for almost 3 years as to why finally a dr said oh you have cysts we have to do a complete hystorectomy i was 26, got a 2nd opion they said no way because of my age  this went on for almost 6 years  then last year my periods went back to normal and in july they stopped again hada test donw came back neg still no period did a 2nd preg test  a month ago  neg again now still no period and yet they were like cloack work for almost a year  so now i have heart burn every night at 5 pm my finger nails are long, which i  have never ever had heart burn except when i was pregnant and the same with my nails they never grow except when i was pregnant so i will be  going for a 3rd test  and i was wondering the same thing if your not getting a period  but having unprotective sex can you still get pregnant ?  please conact me

confused mom in wny
rachel_schreiner***@****
The last time I had a period was july 6 .so its been almost 5 months without a period and i took like 10 or more test they all neg. So i dont know what wrong im going to the dr. friday to see whats wrong . If u have any throughts let me know.