Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Does it sound like Paget's disease?

Hello, I am a 33 year old mother of a teenage girl. I have a spot on my left breast right on the outside of my nipple in the areola. I have had it for about 6 months and it started out the size of a pencil eraser and is now the size of a quarter. It itches like crazy. I have tried everything there is in creams perscription and otherwise but nothing is making it go away. The spot is scaley and will sluff off from time to time. there are 2 spots within the the dry skin spot that are the size of a pencil eraser that are red. The only discharge I have is forced and has kind of a gray tinge. I have Hepatitis C and am currently on treatment. I showed my GI the spot the other day and she said it does not look like a medicinal reaction. It was she who mentioned pagets disease and suggested I see a dermatologist. Everything online that I have found says that its most common in women 50+. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, areola rash was started.
Helpful - 0
Hello, I am new to this board.  About Pagets, I myself have the exact same symptoms but I have had the biopsy and my dr. tells me I do not have this, but cant give me a diognosis.  He just tells me to put lotion on it but its still not clearing up, and the lesion is getting bigger.  I have heard that it is hard to detect pagets ( especially if your not familiar with it ) that the cells are hard to identify..........  should I get a second opinion and biopsy?
Leigh
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the input. The itching is the absolute worst part of this. It's quite embarrassing in public but it doesn't always itch. If I scratch it (which I can't help sometimes) it will get even worse. I have scheduled an appointment with a dermatologist for July 2. Thanks again for the input. - Kelly
Helpful - 0
Dear Gumbo, Paget
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Forum

Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.