Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

fifth disease

my 5 year old daughter was diagnosed with fifth disease.  She has been having very strong stomach cramps.  Is this common with fifth disease.  I haven't been able to find any connection with stomach cramps or stomach aches in all the articles I have read on the subject.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
sue
My daughter also had fifth disease and she too had stomach ache and generally felt unwell with flu like symtoms followed by a very itchy rash all over her body and face. It took around two weeks for all symtoms to disappear.
Helpful - 1
My daughter, 4 years old, was also diagnosed with Fifth Disease, and about 36 hours after the first sign of rash, she developed severe stomach cramps, lasting for about 2 hours.  I feel there is some connection here.....How many others have experienced this symptom?
Helpful - 1
interested to the answere by sonya on tuesday august 08, 2000
Helpful - 0
answere by sonya on tuesday august 08, 2000
Helpful - 0
i have a question about fifth disease.My 2 yr old dtr has it, i am eight wks pregnant and am starting to feel the symptoms,aching joints, i have stomach cramps,nausea. how is this going to effect the fetus?
Helpful - 0
I'm a adult and I was recently diagnosed with fifth disease.  This illness kept me in bed for three days without the use of all my joints in my body.  I would strongly urge all parents with low immune systems, or anyone with alot of stress to be very careful around children with fifth disease.  Its very contageous, and although its rare, when a adult gets this disease, its very serous!
Helpful - 0
I'm a adult and I was recently diagnosed with fifth disease.  This illness kept me in bed for three days without the use of all my joints in my body.  I would strongly urge all parents with low immune systems, or anyone with alot of stress to be very careful around children with fifth disease.  Its very contageous, and although its rare, when a adult gets this disease, its very serous!
Helpful - 0
hi i have had fifth disease for 5 days now and today i woke up with joint pain all over my body.  i would like to know if i need to exercise  my muscles joints?  should i rest?  also, when will fifth disease start fading?  is there anything i can take for the itchiness?  i've tried creams and they  don't seem to work.
Helpful - 0
hi i believe i have fifth disease.  i have all the symptons.  the first few days i was very tired, i had a little cold.  the next day i notice little red specks all over my arms, legs and thighs.  it itches so much.  i've had it for 5 days now and it doesn't seem to go anywhere but today when i woke up i notice that i felt sore all over.  all my joints in my arms and legs and just about everywhere felt sore.  i would like to know what i can do about this body pain all over and if i should exercise the muscle joints?  is there anything i can do about the itchiness?  i've tried creams but they don't seem to work.  when well this rash start to fade?  i would reall appreciate you helping me, thank you
Helpful - 0
could you please email me a picture of exactly what this disease looks like? i think my 6 month old son has it. sincerely, beth lawson
***@****
Helpful - 0
Dear Mary -
    I am not familiar with stomach cramps being related to Fifth's Disease.  Usually the illness is characterized by flu like symptoms - followd by a very characteristic rash.
    If your daughter has strong stomach cramps, I would advise you to have her examined by her doctor.  Perhaps something else is going on.  I suppose there is always the possibility that any viral infection could involve the gut (Fifth's being viral in origin). However, regardless of the cause, I would be in touch with your daughter's doctor.
   Good luck   -  Dr.EV
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Child Behavior Forum

Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments