Aa
A
A
Close
Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs Group
A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.
1 - 20 (of 235) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
1916673 tn?1420236870
I hope you will join this Group and become a valuable and active member. Through this Group, we can help each other with suggestions, adv...
79 answers | 27 comments |
Hello, I'm new to this forum. And, like most, I've been researching the internet compulsively to help my dog. I have a 13+ year old...
1 answer | 3 comments |
My Domino was diagnosed with stage 3 kidney failure. Like everyone else I saw the weight loss, excessive peeing, and loss of control of ...
2 answers | 4 comments |
Hi everyone! I've been reading this thread nonstop and I think it's time to post my own experience that I'm currently dealing with. I'...
2 answers | 4 comments |
Hi, My dog has been recently diagnosed with stage 1 Kidney disease. Her SDMA results were 17 in August and Nov 5th was at 19. Histo...
2 answers | 4 comments |
1916673 tn?1420236870
I have written a huge amount of information articles on canine kidney failure, and most of them will be useful to anyone here that is jus...
1 answer | 2 comments |
My Sheltie, Sadie was DX'd with early stage CKF in Sept. She is a rescue dog, so I am unsure of her age. Likely, she is between 11 and...
16 answers | 32 comments |
Hello, I have a ~10yr old border collie/Lab resce, Jeetu. Her appetite had been steadily decreasing the last couple months, and last wee...
2 answers |
1916673 tn?1420236870
If your kd dog is suffering from nausea and not eating because of it, try asking your vet for Mirtazipine. This can help - and in some ca...
Hello, First off, so thankful to find this helpful resource!Thank you Tony! I just adopted a 9 yr old Italian Greyhound, Jasper. I notice...
3 answers | 3 comments |
I found this site this evening after finding out that our sweet Lab who has been having kidney issues for about a year now is getting wor...
2 answers | 6 comments |
Hi all, Our poor 4 year old Cocker Spaniel is currently in ICU with what's been diagnosed as Acute Kidney Failure most likely due to ...
8 answers | 5 comments |
Our 14 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix was diagnosed with CKF over 8 months ago and his levels were high. We changed his diet K/D, give hi...
1 answer |
Hello ~ I am hoping someone can help me. I have read through many of the questions and feel the exact same way so many of you do. I si...
1 answer |
Hello, my 14-year-old female dog Spirit had to have several teeth removed in July and when they did the pre-op bloodwork, she had some va...
4 answers | 6 comments |
My 3 year old boxer was just diagnosed today with kidney failure and I am so heartbroken. I cant stop crying. She's still a baby and I am...
2 answers | 2 comments |
Hello, I had to put down my 10 year old Yorkie last night and it was the worst experience of my life. I have a question about Pallidia...
4 answers | 3 comments |
When I had Oscars blood work done the first time his bun was 39, and creatinine 1.7. The vet put him on hills k/d and suggested azodyl, s...
1 answer | 10 comments |
We have a 10 year old, small mixed breed dog who has had CKD for a few years. About 12 weeks ago, he stopped eating for two days and when...
2 answers | 2 comments |
I'm not sure where to start so I'll start by listing his lab results done today. BUN 118, CREA 11.9, BUN/CREA 10, PHOS 12.6, CA 12.7, ...
1 answer |
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Dominosmom joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 30
Blank
Gracie4804 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 30