Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

dark under eyes

My daughter is 20 yrs. old and has had dark skin under her eyes since she was born. She is fare skinned. It looks like she hasn't slept for weeks. It bother her alot and has tried to cover it with makeup, but just wants to know what she can do to get rid of it. someone told her that the blood vessels around her eyes are very close to the surface and that is why her eyes look dark. does anyone else have this problem and what can be done forher?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi,
Dark circles under the eyes are most often caused by allergies, illness, a lack of sleep, or heredity. If your dark circles are caused by heredity, you may find that they are almost impossible to completely eliminate.
In the morning, wash your face with cold water to help blood vessels constrict. Then, apply an eye cream that contains Retinol and vitamin K. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to prevent the vitamin deficiencies that can affect your skin’s appearance. Reducing your salt intake will also help improve the look of your skin. One treatment is to massage almond oil with honey around the eyes before going to bed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_circles
If you’re feeling very self-conscious about dark circles under your eyes, you can try to use makeup to help camouflage the problem.
Regards.
Helpful - 0
309783 tn?1271958229
As you say, being fair skinned means that any mark on the skin appears more pronounced. She needs to get enough sleep and drink plenty of water. Use a lotion specially made for the delicate skin around the eyes, such as Estee Lauder idealist eye cream. Loiloi x
Helpful - 0
Hi,

I am the same age as your daughter, 20 years old. I have had the same problem since I was young too.. I have found that putting cucumbers, warm wet tea bags, or an ice pack on my eyes for about 5 mins. everyday helps with the darkness. I am considering going to a dermatologist to get a chemical peel or laser resurfacing to help.. It's perminate, and the results are much faster...and easier.. Good luck! =)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions