Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I am going to die if my face still like this!!

Please help me! I got perioral dermatitis one years ago. My doctor gave me a 1% metrogel for tropical area use. I applied for a month. It almost recover. But at the end of last year ,the big area of reddish papules come again. More seriously than before. It spread up beside the nose and top of eyes. I made an appointment to see my doctor but it will take one month to wait the line to see him. I really afraid that the reddish papules will cover my whole face. Sometimes I feel itchy,especially top eye area. I applied 1% metrogel after my every facewash.(2 times-3 times perday.) My skin become dry and hard.I feel really awful.I have pictures on my website. I really appreciate if you can help me.thanks alot!!
pictures below:
http://moonhouse4.spaces.live.com/?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1C58BD8EBF2E2020!107&_c11_PhotoAlbum_startingImageIndex=1&_c11_PhotoAlbum_commentsExpand=0&_c11_PhotoAlbum_addCommentExpand=0&_c11_PhotoAlbum_addCommentFocus=0&_c=PhotoAlbum&_c02_owner=1
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have something that looks very similar!  I have gone to the Dermatologist in the past and they said it was Contact Dermatitis.  Possibly caused by moisturizer, make-up, or anything else that goes on or gets on my face.  I changed EVERYTHING I used and I still get the rash!  It starts out itchy..then all the red clusters of bumps! One thing that mkaes it a little better when i do have a flare-up is the facial wash Cetaphil.  I get it in my CVS.  I have made an appointment to go back to the doc, but not until March 27.  When i do go, I will write you back with whatever he says!  In the meantime-good luck.  
Helpful - 0
Hi, I have almost the exact same thing! Except mine are closer together. It covers my whole chin, both sides of my nose,and under both eyes. It goes through cycles.....a bunch of little pimples then crustes over |(like a big scab) then starts to flake.  Then starts all over again.  The Dr. said it was a fungus and put me on Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate 1% (generic lamosil) she said only to use it for 10 days, because it was a steroid and could bleach the skin.  The rash went away while I was using the cream but came right back when I stopped! I have had this since Aug. I'm on another anti-funal cream right now, and have an appt to see the Derm next month.  So maybe yours is a fungus, try over the counter lamosil (with the athletes foot cream) What did the Dr. say yours was? Maybe I have been miss diagnosted!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions