Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Rash

I have a rash on my inner thigh near my groin.  I also have what appears to be stretch marks near the rash, but i am not fat.  It has been there for over a year.  I also have two or three stretch marks on the other side too.  The rash is  red with spots.  It does not hurt or itch.  The only time i notice it is when i think about it.  I just feels uncomfortable.  I think i notice it because it has me frieked out.  I am married and me and my wife have both been tested before so STDs I think are out of the picture.  What can i put on the rash to make it go away?
I also wear boxer brief that scrunch up in that area.  I also walk alot on campus.  If any of that helps.  Also how do i find your answer to my question? Will it be emailed to me?

keith
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
The rash could be fungus or just irritation.  You should try over-the-counter clotrimazole 1% cream twice a day for 2 weeks.  That would get rid of any fungus (which is not very contagious if at all, by the way.)  If the rash persists, show a doctor, though this hardly sounds like any STD.

As for "stretch marks," even if that's what they are, stretching is not the cause in many cases: athletic teens get them, as do people who use powerful cortisone creams in the area.  A doctor can clarify the diagnosis, though not much can be done if that's what they are.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0
I do you use a powerful cortisone cream.  It must be the cause of the stretch marks. The cream does not do a very good job on the rash.  It just controls it.  You said it is not an STD, but it still is just bugging me.  All it is is a rash that appears to caused by rubbing. I have seen pictures of herpes and those are blisters that are painful.  And my rash is not painful.  Thanks for our help.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions