Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

HSV or Fungal

On June 6 th a lady and I got very close physically. We did not have sex but were almost there.A lot of touching and feeling. We were all over each other.She grasp my penis and stroked the head with her thumb.(the inside of the urethea seemed irritated for a while then went away) We also did some kissing. (1month later I bit my lip real bad, couldn't tell if it was acold sore or tooth mark)End of event.About 5-7 days after our night I saw a red area about 1 square cm on the right side of my foreskin,I am circumsized. I thought it is a fungal infection. Very little sensation, then a little itching, just a little.Several days later it seemed a bump apeared in the center. I had a lot of anxiety.I work overseas where a doctor is not easy to get to.About 2 weeks from the contact, the red area started to fade. The bump may have been a blister, I do not know, it never opened. I found a army medic of the local army and he said he thought it was a fungal infection. A few days later I found a local doctor, who looked at it and said he thought it was fungal also (it was almost gone at this point) I asked if it was HSV and he asked if I had pain, no, then he said Herpes has pain. He prescribed an exzema cream for 7 days, then a fungal creme. for 10. After that time I had what appeared to be insect bites on my right torso where she laid. It seems I have been biten semi regulraly. The spot disappeared, but then I felt a sensation under the lip where the head meets the foreskin, not much. After 10 days I stopped the cream. Soon the sensation was quite strong. A return to the doc and a rx of a stronger creme. Another 10 days,fine, then I stopped again, but it returned more strong.I read that it may be needed for up to 6 weeks. Doc never mentioned that. I took a blood test the 1st visit, 1 month after the event, just howaccurate are the tests here,who knows. Recently I have had some red bumps on my upper thigh r then l, and on my admomin also r then left,mostly one at a time, and one on my right lat. they itch then raise. 2 seemed to open up. My nail will catch on it, but very small. They stick around about 1-2 weeks. The doc says I do not have herpes or anything else. I plan to use the cremes til end of Nov. I also have started using Mycota powder, it stings in the balan area but keeps it dry. Also started using a Dandruff shampoo. As a note. I also touched the area just right of left of my left eye during all this and it started feeling tight. The shampoo and creme semed to have got rid of the tightness. Could you comment on the chances of Herpes?
Hope my time lines are not to confusing.
Thank you.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yoshi, good message, way to go! I'd also like to add that there is an excellent website with herpes information and active support discussion forums at http://racoon.com/herpes

Roger
Helpful - 0
Thanks, Yoshi2me,

I did check out the westoverheights site. Lots of good info there. You guys are pretty sharp.
Helpful - 0
Hi Dave ~

Even though it doesn't sound like herpes . . . if you've never been tested for herpes properly then it's probably a good idea to do so. There are many misconceptions in the public and medical community about herpes. Also, there are many people that have the virus and don't get any signs or symptoms. Unfortunately herpes is not included in the routine std testing process so many assume they've been tested for everything when in reality they have not.  

If you are still curious about herpes and how the virus works I would like to suggest that you read the updated herpes handbook. Here's a link for that: http://www.westoverheights.com/freebooktext.html

Also keep in mind that cold sores and fever blisters are indeed oral herpes and can be passed to the genital area through oral sex. Here you can read about the differences between type-1 and type-1 and site preferences: http://members.cox.net/yoshi2me/Site-Type/Site-Type.htm

Hang in there ~

Angela

Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Don't know for sure--some kind of irritation I guess. Shouldn't matter.  Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0
Thanks Doc,
But what was that red spot about 1 square centimeter, that appeared about 5-7 days later, that lasted about a week with what appeared to be a bump in the center? Then went away?
Thank very much for your forum.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I understand your concern, but what you describe certainly doesn't sound like herpes.  It doesn't sound like fungus either, both becuase fungus is much less common on the penis (as opposed to the thighs) Than eczema, and because fungal creams, which usually work in a couple of weeks, haven't.

At this point I think you may be better off doing nothing.  Just use a bland moisturizer, don't rub or closely inspect the area, and let the redness go away, as it most surely will if you let it.  If you get a new eruption of some sort, show a doctor then.  I don't think the skin changes elsewhere on your body are meaningful or related, and the tight feeling is fear.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions