A
A
A
Close

Regarding the effects of a super bad sunburn

On July 10th, I received the first
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This question / statement are related to "sunburned's" comments. Living in NY and not familiar with California
Helpful - 0
This question / statement are related to "sunburned's" comments. Living in NY and not familiar with California
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
I have noticed an obvious appearance of white spots on backs of my  hands and some white small blotches on my arms (near elbow area) recently. I do not sit in the sun and  have not been on any recent sun holidays. I am very fair skinned n ormally but would have acquired a bit of a tanned colour on hands and arms during this summer (Ireland). However these spots have just appeared in recent weeks. I was afraid it was Vitiligo but  my GP and also A&E doctors do not think so. What else could cause this?

I also got a bad burning about 5 years ago in Gran Canaria totally by accident which has left a couple of white patches which will never tan.
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
1.  No.  The most it can do is leave your skin red and prone to getting red when hot or wet or exposed to sun, even with a block because the heat rays still get through.
2. I don't know of such a condition.
3. I think he is right and it should take 2-3 months at most.
4. No.
5. I don't think there is need to even contemplate this.

Is it at least possible that you are staring at your face with greater intensity and noticing things that were always there?  Here's a way to tell: show a Friend who doesn't know what you're worried about to look at you face and at a photo from before, and--without any hints or leading questions--ask what if anything seems to have changed.  You may be surprised to learn that little has changed.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions