Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

recurring bumps

I am 25 yo male. 8 months ago, i had a bump in my pubic region for which i consulted a doctor. He said that it was ingrown hair follictus and gave some prescription ( I forgot). This was cured then but left a hard scar underneath the skin. Later, after 2-3 months, 2 more bumps developed in the pubic region in a different spot. Neglecting (thinking that it was hair follicle), i didnot visit doctor. They used to cure and get back in the same spot exactly in one of the 3 spots i got bumps once every month. These bumps formed a hard lump underneath the skin. All these bumps are single and the size of half a peanut and are atleast 1cm apart. They used to ooze pus mixed with blood.  These were painful, a very little itchy. Then I visited doctor and he said this may be follictus. But he also did a herpes culture test which turned out negative. He prescribed Mupirocin saying that it is a bacterial infection. All the bumps have gone in 15 days after using that, but again 5 days back, i have a bump again exactly on the same spot in the pubic region and this also oozed pus mixed with blood. This morning it oozed white pus again. I am applying mupirocin. I am really concerned about this. I have had sex with 3 women in the past 1 year. Is this Herpes?? please help. Today, I submitted blood sample for type specific herpes test too.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
It sounds like folliculitis, not herpes.  Such bumps generally ooze "pus mixed with blood" only if you squeeze them.  Please don't.  Instead, let your doctor's diagnosis and test results reassure you, as I expect they will.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0
adding to this,

I have had protected sex.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions