Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Symptoms are making me worry...

I am a 28 year old male and have quite a bit of trouble with the skin below my waist over the last month.  In late July I experienced a severe burning sensation around the folds of my legs and the edges of my scrotum.  I went to an emergicare facility and the doctor said it was a fungal infection and prescribed Clotrimazole cream. I also went to a local clinic to get checked out for STDs. They said it was probably a fungus and did not look like a symptom of an STD. Just to be sure, I had a HSV test which came back negative.  After three days of using the cream, the burning was not as severe but still present; I went to my family doctor for a second opinion.  He said that it is a fungus and it should go away in 10 days or so.  A few days later I experienced a burning pain and a red inflamed area on the tip of my penis.  I had this looked at by two other doctors who pretty much told me that it was not anything serious and would go away.  A month later I still have the pain and the inflammation, the rash has cleared but not gone away fully. The skin where the irritation is occurring is much darker than other non-irritated area. I also went and had an HIV test which came back negative.
Additional issues over the last month:
- A burning in my lower back that feels like it is radiating through my skin.
- Cloudy urine with an odor.
- Swollen neck glands with a slight sore throat and white sore tongue.
Any ideas as to what might be going on?  
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you also obviously have a urine infection......go see your dr immediately good luck
Helpful - 0
242489 tn?1210497213
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Yes, irritation.  Although many doctors have told you it's a fungus, I doubt it.  Irritation or eczema seems more likely.  When those go away, they leave pigmentation that can last a long time.  I suggest you leave it alone.  

I can't associate the rash with all the other symptoms--lower back pain, burning, and all the rest.  You'll need to ask your doctor about those, and perhaps a dermatologist about the rash it it continues to worry you.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Forum

Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions