Aa
A
A
Close

Diabetes - Type 1 Community

This patient support community is for questions related to juvenile diabetes including Celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia / diabetic keto-acidosis, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, pregnancy, pump therapy, school issues, and teens with diabetes.

1 - 20 (of 4418) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I got the Abbott Freestyle Libre CGM from Germany. I read that its pretty good. I somehow didnt like it. But, maybe somebody else might find it usefull. If you are interested message me and I can send you the Monitor and sensor...
marktra | Posted
I have never had any alcohol before (I am a minor). But I am wondering, how exactly does alcohol affect blood glucose? Alcohol itself, not just sugary alcoholic beverages.
jujuglam | Last answer
Hi for all thoes people with hi a1c it is ok just make sure you take care of it if left untreated diabetes can lead to serious health problems I know I'm One of those people with hi a1c it was 11.6 but I got help and now taking care of i...
maysonbob | Last answer
I recently had to start using insulin and I'm not sure how to properly dispose of the used pens.
AnnieBarbo | Last answer
Does anyone know a formula for amount of Lantus needed for a basal dose vs how many units fast-acting you take per carb? I have major swings. Yesterday was told by a nurse that the Lantus I take is really low compared to amount of Huma...
TN_type1 | Last answer
I read an answer to a question about joining the military as a diabetic and the answer was a resounding NO. However I was wondering if diabetics would be accepted as non-combat positions. Example: Could I join the military and go through...
Ares | Last answer
I am starting the evaluation period for neurostimulation for the neuropathy in my arms. Anyone done this before? I have been struggling with neuropathy for 18 years, 21 years diagnosed type 1 and it has all been controlled with medicin...
JamiesonLee | Last answer
10947_tn?1281407852
We are looking for feedback on a diabetes app and would love to hear your opinion. We'll be conducting 45-1hr phone calls and as a thank you for your time, we would love to give you a $25 Amazon card. All of your personal information and...
Med Help | Posted
10947_tn?1281407852
We are looking for feedback on a diabetes app and would love to hear your opinion. We'll be conducting 45-1hr phone calls and as a thank you for your time, we would love to give you a $25 Amazon card. All of your personal information and...
Med Help | Posted
I was diagnosed for having type 1 diabetes last week and I need a way to help myself picture the needle better so I can almost look forward to taking insulin. Please help if you understand.
jasmine16162002 | Last answer
Hi. I was wondering if there's is some free app for carbohydrates counting? I was never good at that. Thank you.
Ana_entre_as_mulheres | Last answer
Which of them is better for 7 years old boy?
Shansamy | Last answer
I'm not trying to be insensitive, i just don't want an employee to use diabetes as an excuse to get the schedule they want. This person has been given the same early shift every time scheduled. I am now asking that they do one 10am to 63...
nyrangersfan44 | Last answer
i have a lump in my arm after getting the flu and pneumonia shot in the same arm is that normal
lovelyanne85 | Last answer
My 7 years old who is recently diagnosed as type one DM. He also has ADHD, I am totally despaired because We are living in a very dangerous area of the world . Their is no facility for DM children , no organisation , their is shortage of...
Shansamy | Posted
I'm 12 and I Ben diagnosed with I Diabetes 2 years now in June frankly I haven't been taken care of my diabetes my last A1c was 11.6 I know hi that was in November now my next A-1 C is in February Just until now i know how dangerous it i...
maysonbob | Last answer
My bf is T1 for about ten years now, but recently he has been vomiting every day - sometimes dry heaving, mostly bile. He has low appetite, but when he is hungry he gets full almost instantly. Doc says it may be gastroperisis but to moni...
shoobi86 | Last answer
I've been a type 1 diabetic for 12 1/2 years. My doctor took me of Humulin N because A1c was 5.5 and I would experience lows through out the day. With diet and exercise, my blood sugars were pretty good. When my gynecologist put me on...
ladycdb | Last answer
I was diagnosed at 10 and am now 30. I've had several DKA visits. I have lacked insurance many times in my life and have repeatedly been denied medical assistance. I'm American and was approved for Medicare for the first time about five ...
SomeGuyYouUsedToKnow | Last answer
What are some good alcoholic drinks that won't effect my sugars as much as most. I've tried sugar free vodka cruisers and they seem to work but I want more variety !!
Rach_hart1999 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity