Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Crystalens

I had crystalens inplanted in both eyes a year ago June.  I had to zag surgerys & both eyes vaulted.  Had to have surgery to put back in place.  My question is that I have great vision.  Used glasses for reading, computer & driving.  Now need none but this blurry vision in my peripheral vision is getting worse.  It is driving me crazy.  It is in every light.  Even on overcast days.  Watching tv, everywhere.  I have no problem with night driving, no halos or any of that.  All I can figure is it is reflecting off of my lens.  It is like wearing blinders, you know that they put on plow horses.  Can ANYTHING be done.  I am ready to have them removed.  I had mirgraines before but not very often, now I have headaches all the time.  I go back to doctor for scheduled ck up this month.  He has told me I would get used to it.  But in the past 2 to 3 months, it has gotten worse.  Please, can anything be done.  I love having great vision but this just driving you crazy.  It blinks cause you blink and that makes it worse.  I have them right now as I am looking at this computer screen.  Help!!  Dr told me 6 months ago that I was the only one & Eyeonics didn't know what to do.  I have seen so many people here that have this, can anything be done other than removal??  I will do anything.
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A related discussion, Crystalens Ruined my vision & wprofession was started.
Helpful - 0
Granny59,

The surgery is a vitrectomy which may or may not be the solution to your problems. If you are constantly having problems, perhaps the best solution is to have them removed. Your previous post and comment: "I guess you didn't know what you were talking about and I called you on it right!" isn't necessary.
Helpful - 0
You seem to jump into a lot of these discussions that have nothing to do with your surgery.  You did not have Crystalens.  You had Rezoom implanted.  Unless you have experienced it, keep out of it.  I would not try to tell someone what is going on with a Rezoom implant, only a Crystalens.  Kindly do the same.  I asked for Dr M to respond to me, not you.  But you do jump into a lot of discussions that have nothing to do with you, don't you!?!
Helpful - 0
K-D
First of all, this is a public forum board concerning the eye.  I have only one eye implant, so all implant posts concern me.  Obviously, you also read posts that are not related to Crystalens, or you would not know what I do or no not respond to.
From your posts, you state you have no halos, great vision, but apparently a problem of reflection of some sort.
By your title, I am assuming you are not a youngster.  Many people on this board would be very happy to have such sight. Who are you to demand that a surgeon answer anything that you post, free of charge??  You post symptoms. Symptoms are not causes. Many problems have the same symptoms but different causes.  Yet, you expect a surgeon to tell you what your problem is without being examined. Your rudeness is unbelievable. From your signature, I know you are not a child. Maybe it is time for you to stop acting like one!  
Helpful - 0
Did you not read this thread on Crystalens??  He responded to me after my question was answered & then I ask for more info and he jumps way back.  I put all the info in my question.  I do not expect him to be psychic, but if you come back with something don't back away when pressed for more of an explanation.  He would have to know my complaints??  They are all right there.  He comes to me with something that he has dealt with on Crystalens and then I ask more info about it & he backs off.  I am trying to find out something that can explain my problem and fix it.  I thought I had some kind of help and he acts like.  Forget it, I have no clue why I am explaining my self to you.  Have you had any eye problems, surgery or anything??
Helpful - 0
K-D
My goodness granny59. The doctor is kind enough to respond to you, and you reply to him like this??????????  He would have to SEE YOU to be more explicit. He did not say that he was a psychic!
Helpful - 0
What do you mean, I told you all of my problems I am having.  This whole thread is about me.  In the very first posting, on the first, I tell everything that has gone on with my eyes.  You pop in with a comment and now you are backing off.  I guess you didn't know what you were talking about and I called you on it right!
Helpful - 0
I have not been impressed with the Crystalens. I am in Florida. Its difficult to know exactly what problems you are having since there are multiple complaints with the crystalens.
Helpful - 0
I forgot to ask you want the procedure was called or what was the surgery, you know what was done.  You have given me hope to take to my Dr appt the 27th.  Please tell me more.
Helpful - 0
I don't know that we were lied to, just not given ALL the facts.  I do have very good reading, computer and distance vision.  I have no problems at all with halos or night driving.  It is like a miracle.  I didn't even realize that my eyes were as bad as they were until the first surgery.  By closing my bad eye, I saw the world as a whole new one with such new colors that I didn't even know.  I would close my implanted eye and the world was amber colored.  Like I had sunglasses on.  Everything is clear, sharp.  I have not had on a pair of glasses for over a year.  I can read the paper, the phone book, look at picture that friends have of their grandkids & I CAN SEE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE.  I think Eyeonics has done a wonderful thing but they need to give out some kind of warnings.  Or listen to what we have to say and work on making the lens even better.  Don't just set on your behind after you get it FDA approved.  I hope things get a whole lot better for you.  Our eye sight is a preious thing.
Helpful - 0
I have now seen several patients with the Crystalens complain of blurrd vision weeks after a Yag laser. In some cases the vitreous gel has prolapsed forward around the Crystalens causing this blur which required surgery to correct.
Helpful - 0
Who are you??  Is that what could have happened to me??  I had the surgerys and then the zag for each eye.  Then they vaulted & we did the zag again to hopefully make them come back on their own, but it didn't work and I had to go into surgery again to have them *popped* back.  I had it in one eye before they vaulted, did not have it at all after they vaulted.  They when they were fixed, it was back.  It is getting worse too.  Was in my peripheral vision, now is moving more into my line of vision.  It is like you can see the outline of *ghost* glasses.  When you are not even wearing glasses.  If I would have surgery again, would that not make the pouch fragile??  I hate this but I don't want to harm my eyes either.  Again, who are you??  Where are you???
Helpful - 0
I had Crystalens inplanted about 1 yr. ago. First in my Right eye, then in Jan of '05 in my left. I was told by various brochures and the Dr. that I would have 'near, mid and far' vision since the lense would 'focus' as a natural lens would. Well, it turned out that my right eye has phenomenal reading ability. I can read a 4 pt font with little trouble BUT my mid vision, that is just the tip of my fingers on my extended arm, is fuzzy and forget distance vision. ALL blurry. NO focusing as far as I'm concerned. My right eye is supposed to be set for distance, which is not bad. But once again, are these lense made to focus??  So then why don't I have near vision in my left and distance vision in my right. Now I have what they call Mono Vision, which I DID NOT want. I had to get lasik in my left to fine tune my distance, which actually helped reading at about 24" distance. I think that the whole ad campaine for these Crystalens was B.S. and we were basically lied to. Now I'm trying to get SOME distance vision in my right eye somehow. If I could sue I would!
Helpful - 0
nothing can be done, unless you are ready to have them removed.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Archive Forum

Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.