Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

diarrhea, severe abdominal pain, acid reflux

I had severe abdominal pain on my right side just under my ribs for a few weeks. It has slowly lessened, but I am still having severe yellow diarrhea after meals and occasionally the severe abdominal pain comes back. My acid reflux has increased 10x as much and i'm dealing with extreme belching after eating and passing more gas than usual. Despite different reflux medicines, i'm still having problems. Any ideas?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1814032 tn?1392518958
I'm having severe stomach pains after I eat as well as having to run to the bathroom after eating (diarrhea). I just noticed blood and mucus in my stool. I get pains in my chest (stabbing), under my left side of my ribs and around to my lower back, sometimes my stomach feels empty even after I just ate. I'm tired, have headaches & this has all been going on for 1 1/2 months now. Please help!!!
Helpful - 0
I just happened upon your post from over 2 yrs ago. Did you ever find out what was wrong? I am having the exact same symptoms and I am miserable.
Helpful - 0
It almost sounds like it could have something to do with your gallbladder. I had the same symptoms and I went to the doctor for 2 years before they finally realized I had gallstones. You might want to look into that.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem