Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

heart or GERD?

I am 27 years old with a history of benign PVC's. Last exam said heart was normal. I am about 50-60 pounds overweight and have been for about 4 years. I do get heartburn about 2-3 times per week, especially around my menstrual cycle. A few weeks ago I woke up with a sharp burning pain in my upper right stomach, like where my gall bladder is. It went away after a day or so, then came back a few weeks later. This time, it was followed by severe gas. For the last few days, I have felt a weird sensation in my chest. Like a flutter feeling. Like I am anxious or something, but I am not. It feels like my chest is a little tight, and like something may be crawling around or something. It is hard to describe. I do notice that I am burping way more than usual and I still have gas. I do not have heartburn though, and I do not notice that it is worse after eating. My Dr gave me a new pill for acid reflux. I have been taking it about 2 days and so far, not much change. It does not bother me at all at night while I sleep or when I lay down. It is the only time it stops.  I have recently started losing weight, about 24 pounds so far. These syptioms just started out of nowhere. Can this be digestion? Without heartburn?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am 33. I am taking something because I have heartburn. I am 40 lbs overweight and I have to drink laxative teas in order for me to have a bowel movement? What is wrong with me?
Helpful - 0
545392 tn?1214428401
I am 35 years old and I have alot of gas also during my menstrual cycle and oh boy does my heart flutter. I can always tell when it is time for my cycle to come because within 10 days my heart starts to flutter. It sometimes will flutter clear up until after my cycle is finished.. I can tell when my ovualtion comes also because I experience the fluttering also. Sometimes when I eat certain foods or my stomach gets upset and I burp alot my heart flutters, so your not the only one experienciong this. I have had a ekg and a cardiogram and the doctor gave me a clean bill of health also. I am a little overweight also. I think fluttering of the heart can be a variety of things. I am no doctor, but it is weird how when I eat certain foods or it is time for my menstrual cycle the rollercoaster ride begins with the fluttering.. It is scary and very annoying.. Good luck
Helpful - 0
170935 tn?1225371076
You sound like me! I also am 27 yrs old and have been suffering from benign PVCS for 6 months. I too get heart burn but i also have alot of stomach gas due to IBS. My IBS and heart burn are much worse during period. Do you feel that the pvcs are worse when you have more heart burn? how many pvcs do you get in a typical day?
Helpful - 0
Does this sound like Gerd to you? I do not have heartburn anymore. Just this weird flutter feeling in my chest. And it does not bother me at night....only when I am awake.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem