Aa
A
A
Close

Genetics Community

This patient support community is for discussions relating to a person’s predisposition to a variety of medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, blood-clotting disorders, breast cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, Marfan syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

41 - 60 (of 1396) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
11404834_tn?1417945743
I am a 16 year old male of 5 foot 5 inches in vertical height, with my mother and father being 5 foot 4 and 5 foot 10 inches, respectively. Having asked a few GP's this question, they seemed incapable of discerning whether there are op...
koloche90 | Posted
Hi there, My daughter was diagnosed with myoclonic epilepsy last Christmas. A few months ago she also had an mri scan which came back normal, however they took some of her blood for further testing. I just received a letter saying that...
tashyluv | Posted
If a person is not having any herps symptoms till now and had regular sex with partner who is having herps. would her herps 1 & 2 igg, igm tests (elisa) method will find out that she is infected or not?
sunnymh36 | Posted
11404834_tn?1417945743
I am a 21 year old male of 5 foot 5 inches in vertical height, with my mother and father being 5 foot 4 and 5 foot 10 inches, respectively. Having asked a few GP's this question, they seemed incapable of discerning whether there are op...
koloche90 | Posted
Hello. I am looking for a whole exome sequencing and the analysis of a duplication of 150 kb for a child who has an undiagnosed rare genetic disease. (I live in Europe). Is there a direct-to-consumer company which can do that (becau...
biancaroseline | Posted
What is the name for the condition of being born with no enamel on your teeth? I know it is a genetic condition. My grandfather, my father, my sister , one of my brothers , myself and now my son were all born with it. And I really want a...
morrissa99 | Posted
Can anyone explain to me what is the chemical/physical background / reason that on a gel electrophoresis the relationship between the mass of the protein with the distance travelled in the gel is LOGARITMIC instead of being LINEAR? I sho...
vlopes44 | Posted
The doctor is having my son tested for charge syndrome. I was wondering if there was any long term effects or surgeries to this if he has it?
hi my friend is g6pd deficient but other than fava beans, he almost consume all the food in avoid list like red wine etc is this because of triggers are variant among the deficients? or the severity among them? thanks
chuiyee | Posted
Has anyone out there had a Trisomy 21 pregnancy and gone on to have genetically normal babies? I lost a trisomy 21 baby at 19 weeks, have had two healthy babies before and am curious as to what others have experienced in subsequent preg...
Jenn0316 | Last answer
My son was born with aplasia cutis. He has a small coin sized bald patch on the head. He is almost 4, is a great kid, happy, smart , terrible handsome and very sociable. Recently he asked me what is this thing he feels on his head when t...
chichirichi | Last answer
Hello everyone, When my penis is erect, it curves like a banana, i have found several threads on this site about curved penises, but all of them where about cirves to the left/right and mine goes from up to down. I am still a virgin ...
Janmulder0815 | Posted
Hello guys!!! I'm new here. I live in Phnom Penh I have a question and it could be in command as well. My first cousin got married for 2 years already and they haven't got any kids yet. Once I asked them why? They told me that they are a...
PangaKong | Posted
I just found out on Wednesday I have a 60% chance of having my baby with a chromosome abnormality due to the fluid behind my baby's head and neck. It's about 7.6 mm of fluid and it's technical name is Cystic Hygroma. I made the decision ...
krazykatie86 | Posted
My so who is a Mec P 2 deletion survivor takes carbidopa/levodopa, baclofin, zantac, and prevacid. All of a sudden his left eye only started to roll side to side real fast and then in a full circle. Then of late it now is with both eyes...
Monetmom2 | Posted
Hi, I am now 27 weeks pregnant with my first child. At 12 weeks we found out that the baby nt was high, 4 mm and was given 1:8 chance for DS. By 14+0 the nt was normal - 2mm. My blood work was also normal and change our odds to 1:50. We ...
I1981 | Last answer
10109500_tn?1407857588
Hi everyone, i'm new to the site so if i'm posting in the wrong forum please refer me to the right one. Okay so both my ring fingers and my middle toes on both hands and feet bend downwards at the joint closest to the nail. My Pinky fin...
boi247 | Posted
Hello! I am an 18 year old male. My height is 5'9'' but I want to grow to at least 6'. My dad's height is same that with me,i.e,5'9'' and my mom is 5'3''. Could you tell me if my growth plate are closed or not? I searched about this thin...
Raj911 | Posted
10060512_tn?1407528166
Hello! Im just curious if NF can manifest itself only internaly. What exactly is plexiform Neurofibromatosis. And what are the symptoms of internal NF(if there is a type) Regards
I'm a 16 year old female. I have what feels to be a 3 in. lump under the muscle of the right side of my neck that's been present for 2 years. It's in the middle of the side of my neck and slowly growing to the front of my neck. Doctors d...
Syd_16_ | Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Genetics Community Resources