Pediatric Transplant Forum

Welcome to the Pediatric Transplant Forum! Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals from the Transplant Center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. This forum is for questions and support regarding all pediatric solid-organ transplant issues, including heart, lung, kidney and liver transplantation.

1 - 20 (of 18) questions
Hello Doctor, my name is Kylie and I am a student from Virginia. I have been partaking in mission trips to Honduras for the past four years and I met a little boy I wanted to ask someone about. I met him in July of 2013. He lives in a re...
KylieRussell1 | Last answer
Good morning, I am currently 19 years of age, I had a kidney transplant at the age of 14. Ever since my transplant i have been taking numerous medications. They are: Prograf 3mg ( twice a day ) , Prednisone 5mg ( once a day ) Myforti...
Sherlingai3703 | Last answer
Hi Dr, My 2.5 year old son is facing the possible scenario of a heart/lung transplant due to pulmonary hypertension. Depending on what meds help him or don't help him I was just wondering what help this would be on life expectancy? I ...
Damien3981 | Last answer
My daughter is now 6yrs old she got liver transplantation at the age of 4yrs and nowsheis normal but is shewill have any gynic problems in future
kareem14 | Last answer
What your hospital is doing, by refusing little Amelia R. a kidney transplant because of her disability is criminal, and I will not rest until every single social outlet or media outlet knows poor Amelias story and the role your hospital...
debg495 | Last answer
okay so i had a heart transplant in august 2011, and i am recently engaged, my fiance has mitochondrial disease, and has been in and out of the hospital since we met, and we havn't been able to take our relationship to the next level, (a...
Aaron_1993 | Last answer
Creatinine levels gradually increase of a new born baby, on last blood report creatinine is 2.5 & urea is 46. The baby is under treatment of doctor & one operation done due to the Posterior urethral valve (PUV) obstruction. Baby is under...
pulakesh | Last answer
Hi there, I'm 30 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins and found out at 23 weeks that our little girl has dilated cardiomyopathy and her outcome is poor. The cardiologist we saw said he didn't think she would make it to delivery, but we ...
lise989 | Last answer
What is the procedure as far as parents being tested as possible donors?
saddad321 | Last answer
Hi its christina I want to thank you for answering my question the first time, and i want to say i after talking to my sister i finally know that what my nephew has is called Immature heart. His heart didnt fully develope, but i got to s...
tina744 | Last answer
Dear sir My 7 years old son has undergone liver transplantation on 27/10/2009 in Delhi,India while he was 6 years old. I donated part of my liver for my son.Now he is doing well and he is on immuno supprassing drug.He is takin...
sahamk | Last answer
If a child has previously been diagnosed and treated for Burkitt's Lymphoma with the CCG 5961 protocol has been in remission for 5+ years, would they be eligible for a heart transplant or would the previous diagnosis disqualify them?
Guin3her | Last answer
Hi my name is christina, my sister had a baby boy a couple of days ago and well he was born with a serious heart problem. Unfortunately his heart stop developing at 8 weeks the doctors say its a miracle he's made it thru....They ...
tina744 | Last answer
My friend's 7 year old chid has these: 1. dextrocardia situs inversus 2. pulmonary stenosis 3. tricuspid atresia multiple heart complications. She has gone through 1. Atrial ballooning septostomy and 2. Glenn Shunt. In June she is going ...
goysuling | Last answer
Our infant niece had hypoplastic left heart syndrome and she was very lucky to have gotten a heart transplant. She is currently having a terrible time with the anti-rejection medicines they are giving her and we understand that her immu...
Jack615 | Last answer
Our 6 week old baby has been diagnosed with Type 1 Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis. We have been told and I also did research on the Internet to confirm, that a lung transplant will probably be required. We are scared to death for this ...
Pam | Last answer
Request an Appointment