Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Please?

I took that supposedly super powerful laxative - it was supposed to work in 3 to 6 hour's, i went less then an hour after drinking it and many other time's throughout the day, every time it was liquid.

Something else i've notice is yesturday i had an apple for breakfast, a few sesame seed cracker's for lunch. I had two bowl movement's that evening - both were undigested food, the first of apple, then sesame seed's. This has been going on for awhile.

If i have no appitite, and my stool is undigested food, is my body even getting the nutrient's?. Add to that - that i've still got a distended feeling in my pelvic area, with pain on either the left or right side. And sharp pain on the top center part of my stomach, and other places once in a while. I've also felt sleepy at time's in the day. And i get vary mild short headachs.

Can anyone please for the love of god give me some insight?.

I've had these problem's for a month - maybe longer.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'll mention it to my Dr, i see her tomorrow and then i see the surgeon on tuesday. I'll take any test they offer, the problem is they havent offerd anything - they've assumed it was all part of the gallbladder pain or that i perhaps cought a bug. If it is by chance "normal" for after gallbladder surgery then i wouldnt of been having these peoblem's BEFORE gallbladder surgery, they should have also informed me of the possibility of these problems, i'd take the gallbladder pain in a second over whatevers going on now.
Helpful - 0
Since you are so very worried about this problem, have the doctor refer you to endoscopy and get a "scope" done on the entire bowel (stomach to anus).  Also have the doc order an xray called an IVP (Intravenous Pyleogram) to check out the kidneys and bladder.  These two tests should diagnose any problems related to absorption, hemorrhoids, or if the problems are "normal" post-surgical complications due to gallbladder removal. Good luck
Helpful - 0
The thing is this is a problem that has preceeded my Gallbladder surgery. The initial symptom's which brought me to my DR in the first place - which got my the ulta sound - and then the surgery are 100% nothing like what i've been having for the past month and a half. It all happend one night, a sharp stabbing pain in my top center stomach - then a week of low grad fever and digested problems - in which i was really strenous to pas small amounts of vary soft stool and gas, a week after that i started noticing the pain in my pelvic area. And if i had a plug or blockage or anything atall it hasnt come out even with the use of the laxative - enema - sapositorys. And if there was some sort of blockage then why would whole pieces of undigested food been in what i pass. this is a worry - but it's the accompanying pain that freak's me out. I have also no erge to use the washroom, i usually go because i think i might have to, my pelvic area feels all distended. And i have a hemerroid(s) from all the strain from the past weeks. Last night i had maybe a cup of pasta as my mother really want's me to eat. For an hour afterwords my stomach was continually growling, i also has flatulance for the rest of the night - that strikes me as odd. My urination has been weird aswell, i dont feel a real erge to go, so i go when i think i might have to, most of yesturday i went in little bit's - dribbles, hardly even a flow, a yellow urine, darker yellow. Then i went and it was a steady flow of a water colour.

I'm not the type to go to the hospital and complain about a little ache or pain, but i know something's wrong, and i've been voicing that to people who just told me it could be gallbladder relater or that perhaps i cought a bug. Well it's been a month and a half, my gallbladders been out for three week's and nothings gotten better, Well actually for a little over a week after my surgery everything seemed to be better, i was really happy, but then it just came back one day. So here i am.
Helpful - 0
the undigested food in light coloured loose stool has been an issue off and on for about a month. The laxative (ROYVAC) didnt produce any stool - even though it was supposed to be used to clean you out before surgery's. The headache's have been off and on aswell for about the same time as the digestive problem. Everything happend at once and i was sceduled for a gallbladder surgery - so anyone i complained to said it could be because of that. Now my gallbladder is gone and i'm still left with the issue's. I've complained to my family DR, my surgeon and an ER dr twice. The result's are i've been given two urine test's (the first clean and the second had traces of protein) and an abdomin and pelic X-Ray which showed i had stool in my intestines -hence the laxative - which did not work. The sleepyness is recent.
Helpful - 0
Removal of the gall bladder causes some interesting side effects on the bowel.  For about 4 months after surgery the body is "adjusting" to the bile flow from the liver.  When you had a gallbladder, the liver would make the bile and store it in the gallbladder.  After eating a high fat meal, bile is released into the small intestine.  Without the gallbladder, bile is going straight into the intestine without waiting for a meal.  This can give you diarrhea or constipation. Many people have a constipation "plug" followed by watery diarrhea.  Many people find that diarrhea is now a constant thing with urge that you have to go NOW!!!!!  You eat and have to go to the bathroom either during a meal or soon after. Sort of "in one end and out the other". Because of the constant bile, food moves through the bowel faster and some foods that take more time to break down, don't. The food you didn't chew well ends up coming out still chunky.  Corn and seeds are two. This is not an absorption problem and unfortuneately doesn't go away in time. There is no remedy for this, no meds help, it is something you just have to learn to live with. It can get better if you chew your food more and eat something every two hours so that the bile has something to work on.  Not eating or missing meals will only make the problem worse. Good luck
Helpful - 0
Eric:
Read up about Irritable bowel syndrome, and see if you fit.

Read about digestive enzymes, you may want to try this and see if it helps.

If you do have irritable bowel, this may be due to hypercoagulation.  Here is some info about that:
http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C546624.html

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
A condition that causes upset intestines for a long period of time. It is very unpleasant to the sufferer but tends to be harmless and usually does not lead to more serious complaints.
The symptoms vary from person to person and from day to day.

In order to be diagnosed with IBS, a person must have at least three of the following symptoms: pain in the lower abdomen; bloating; constipation; diarrhea or alternating diarrhea and constipation; nausea; loss of appetite; tummy rumbling; flatulence; mucous in stools; indigestion; constant tiredness; frequent urination; low back pain; painful intercourse for women.

My Lyme support board has many people with irritable bowel syndrome.
One of the mothers there said that the following product helped her son's gut problems:

Aloe mucilaginous polysaccharides
http://www.digestinol.com/index.shtml

Read the customer feedback.

Just some thoughts.
Carol
Helpful - 0
I agree with the others that have posted.  I would think that it is gastro problem - get to Doc's office and give him/her the same info you gave us - I think you will be sent to a gastro.  Also, has the sleepiness and headaches just started recently - since you did the laxative?  If so, I was just thinking that you will feel tired going to the bathroom so much - it takes alot out of your system - and especially if you aren't getting any nutrition out of the food you eat.  
But I would do what was suggested by another - Ensure is great for you when you can't eat or aren't able to eat.  My grandmother died a while back with alzheimers - I stayed with her 2-3 days a week - and while I was there I had to make her drink that b/c she refused to eat.  I hope you get some relief soon.
Helpful - 0
Get to the doctor and in the meantime, I would take some mutli vitamins, try to find some that are dissovable so they will get into your system. You could also try a supplement like Ensure that will cover the nutritional bases while you try to find out what is happening. Go see a gastroentrologist, sounds like a mal absorption issue to me.
Helpful - 0
I don't know about apples, but sesame seeds almost always come out whole. Also, if this was after taking the laxative, it obviously overstimulated your digestive tract. This would definately cause food to run straight through.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.