Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Itching and odor

I recently started dating someone. We had sex about 1 week ago for the 1st time. Within the past couple of days I have developed a foul fishy odor and itching. I have never had any problems with hygiene I've never even had a yeast infection. My question what could this be? If this is a STD is it possible that he did not know he had it.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well it has to be an infection. Because there's only odor and slight itching. NO burning. NO green discharge. If you all find out more that I can do, then I would love to know. Much Love, erykah        Thanx so Much!
Helpful - 0
you really need to see a doctor if this has never happened before but
depending on the discharge: white cottage cheese like-burning itching usually means yeast infection; you can treat it over the counter
greenish discharge is Ghonorrhea (sp?)in which case you need to see a doc ASAP- this causes pelvic inflammatory disease- very dangerous and can make you sterile if not treated- usually accompanied by fever
a bacterial infection feels like a yeast ifection but with more odor and possibly less if any discharge; usually is hard to kick - and if your a teen- don't worry it's not alwyas caused by sex
in any event have a doctor take a look. There is a thing called doctor /pt confidentiality; ask your parent to stay outside, and ask the doctor to keep it confidential.
Helpful - 0
127512 tn?1193742216
Call the clinics and ask them. Tell them your situation. Maybe you should talk to your parents. They were young once to. I'm sure they will forgive you.
Helpful - 0
Thanks SO MUCH... for responding to my comment...You have no idea how much I appreciated it. However, you suggested that I visit a clinic... and I've thought of that. But, if I visit... Will a parent have to be there? What kinds of papers will they have me signing?--->insurance papers? If they give me a diagnosis to my problem, can they prescribe me antibiotics (w/o my parent(s)involved). I guess what I'm trying to ask is... How confidential is a clinic. (to a 17 yr.old female)----> I know that's alot...                            P.S---> Can my boyfriend get that smelly stuff too?
Helpful - 0
I still think you need to see a doctor.  If you have a health clinic in your area you could go there.  I wish you luck with your situation.
Helpful - 0
The same thing happened to me... Just like that girl, I've never had ANY "smelly" issues below the belt. Until I had sex with my new guy friend. He wasn't my first... But any way... The next day, I noticed something didn't smell right. It had this fishy type, "nasty" girl smell to it. I've been doing research on the internet but, the only solutions I see is for me to go see my doctor. Thing is... I can't. Why? Because I'm afraid my parents will find out. I have the money and everything... but, it's them. They have no idea that I'm sexually active, and would lose it if they found out. It's been two months now that I've been dealing with this. And now it has a smell like someone just passed gas. <---- that's really embaressing. But I need to know what to do. What are my options...I'm over the age of 16. SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!   P.S -  the only thing that minimizes mine, but doesn't eliminate the smell is eating ALOT of yogurt the night before. But it always comes back.           S.O.S
Helpful - 0
It could be a bacterial infection called Bacterial Vaginosis.  Here is a website you can read about it at http://www.vagisil.com/understanding_itch.shtml#top

Regardless you need to make an appointment with the doctor to be checked out.  Good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1714899967
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.