Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Actually Jenn's mom, I have large infected bumps or boils on stomach and places

I registered with my own name on here, but continues to come up under my daughters name. My name is Judi.

I have been getting these infected boils, large raised bumps, on my stomach area, and now popping up in uncomfortable areas (namely by backside)and sometimes my armpits. They are really sore and when I "pop" them, they are very ***** and then bloody. They are at least the size of a dime. What is causing these to pop up on my skin. I am a very clean person, and bathe daily. What can I do to prevent anymore because they hurt and leave ugly purple scarring after they are healed?
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have something very similar.  I have been getting sore on my body mostly on my stomach.  They start out as a little bite and they are itchy and after a while they heal and turn dark because I am African American.  I have been to the dermo and culture and she said it's from a animal but I have no pet. She gave me some cream but nothing is helping.  I am a big believing in Alternative meds and at the health store the clerk said to use emu oil but I want to know what is causing this.  
Helpful - 0
Try using horse dewormer. Must be the chemical class "IVERMECTIN" - I got a bump like that and nothing was working on it, so I put some of my horse's dewormer on it with a bandaid - left it like that for two days and it cleared right up. Then I got another- I did the same thing right away and it worked again....I've only had one more since and the Horse dewormer works every time. It's amazing. I didn't know what else to try and I had that stuff on hand and it worked great. It doesn't sting either. I just put a small  smear of it into the "sore". Hope it helps for you
Helpful - 0
hello my name is stephen and i noticed lately that i have been getting almost boil like bumps lately i had one on the back of my neck then that went away then i got one under my arm then that went away now i am getting one on my leg, they are really sore big and red, and there seems to be liquid or s omething in it do u know what this could be
Helpful - 0
It oculd be a lot of things, we are not docctors here. If you cant get the doctor you have to do a simple culture, get a doctor who will. Franky I think it is stupid of the doctor not to just do a culture and see what the deal is. If the culture is negative then you have to keep looking but start there that is a simple basic test. Tell him you WANT a culture.
Helpful - 0
it could be a sign of diabetes...you could wash with lever antibacterial body wash and you could also put bacitracin on the outside of your nares. Sometimes people colonize staph from their nose and it shows up on their skin  good luck
Helpful - 0
154802 tn?1220002015
What type of underlying conditions could it be? That is what I need to know, just what 'could' be causing these. I've been to the doctor before and all he gave me was an antibiotic cream, which, of course, did not work.
Helpful - 0
Hey,
I'm not a doctor, but my personal opinion is skip the general physician and go directly to the dermatologist.  I have been plagued with this for years and I have some really nasty scars as well.  I believe that it is genetic in some cases - my mom, grandmother, and aunts all have been dealing with them all their lives as well.  I have tried all kinds of antibiotics and some worked better than others.  I have just learned to live with them and haven't done what I suggested that you do - which is see derm.  I just have too much other stuff going on healthwise for the last couple of years.  I do know that it has NOTHING to do with your cleanliness.  I am a very clean person as well - and I know it makes you feel nasty.  I could give you lots of info on how to keep it clean and how to care for them after they have opened up - but what you really need is to find the underlying problem...ok, all this coming from someone who has the same issues but hasn't done anything about it at this point.  Let me know how it goes.  Good Luck!
Charley
Helpful - 0
You really need to see the doctor and get them cultured. It could be lots of things including staph which you can pick up anywhere, it also could be a sign of some underlying condition too so get it checked out.
Helpful - 0
154802 tn?1220002015
Ha! Now it changes to my name!!! :)
Helpful - 0
154802 tn?1220002015
thanks, just got finished reading the site you gave me. It was interesting and I am curious about the Staff Infection diagnosis...I just don't know where I would have gotten a staff infection if that is my case. And I seriously do not think it could be a fungus.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1714899967
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.