Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hard infected area w/ pimples in groin area

I've had this for about a week and a half now. It started out as an attack of what looked like pimples in my lower abdomen/groin area. I tried to take good care and pop them when needed without spreading the pus on the inside, but it must not have worked. Some of them went away, but a couple others stayed and now I have a hard, inflamed area below the skin surface that's about 2 inches in diameter, surrounded by a reddened area with no hard spots. I've been using a hot compress for the past couple days and Ibuprofen, but so far it hasn't helped.

There is pain, but it comes and goes. Sometimes, it's a sharp pain and other times, it's just an ache.

Also, I'm currently on some antibiotic pills, Azithromycin, as an adjunct to antibiotic drops for a possible ear infection and conjunctivitis. I just started those yesterday.

I'm hoping the antibiotics will take care of this, as well, but thought I'd check and see if this sounded like something else, and if I should be doing more than the antibiotics.

Any help or advice that can be offered will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
yeah I had something like that! I was prescribed claritromicina and argentafil(sulfadiazina de plata) to burn the suckers!
Helpful - 0
For those who care (I notice nobody replied to this thread but me) ...

It turned out to be a MRSA infection. Methicillin-Resistant Staph. The Zithromax I was on for some other stuff got it draining and helped, but it was still there and just as large after a week, so I went back in and the doctor prescribed Bactrim this time and took a sample for culturing.

I just got a phone call today explaining what it was and an admonition to wash my hands a lot, keep it clean, wear clean clothes every day, etc. All things I like to do anyway. ;)
Helpful - 0
Almost forgot to mention that in the past three nights, I've had chills twice. No fever (when I went to the doc in the box yesterday, I had a normal temperature).

Thanks again for any help or advice!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.