Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Extreme undiagnosed symptoms. Stomach and Neurological

Im severly worried about my father. Problems started about a year ago this month. Complaints were nausea, constipation, dizziness, and abdominal pains. Dr. thought it to be his gallbladder, but in the process of finding that they also found a blocked artery in his heart which a stent was placed. He was put on plavix and asprin. The heart dr. told him he needed to be on the meds for at least 9 months before he could come off of them to have the gallbladder surgery. His Gallbladder was taken out back in Oct. of this year and his initial symptoms have progressivly gotten worse.
Symptoms are
Moderate to Severe Abdominal pain
Nausea
Bloating
Constipation-Until about 2 weeks ago.That had been going on for a year.
Gas
Belching
Pains that move up into the chest area
Dizziness
Tiredness
Fatigue
Flushing
Overall feeling of just being sick.
I don't know if all of the syptoms are related but at this point of everything that has been done im beginning to think that there not but I just dont know where to turn to anymore.
He has had 2 endoscopy's done, a biopsy was done on one occasion to check for H pylori, that was negative.
Had a colonoscopy, Upper GI twice, CT Scan twice, a thousand X-rays of abdomen and chest area. Blood work checking for celiac disease, lead poisening, arsenic poisening,tumor markers, thryriod, pancreas, almost anything and everything i could come up with, all negative.
He's just getting sicker and sicker by the day and I don't know where else to turn. I guess some of it could be anxiety, but its so hard to distugiush everything.
PleaseHelp
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am having all these symptoms as well and i am only 14 years old and i am a girl I am really worried !!! My parents think I am just doing it for a day off school because all the blood tests i have had have came back that i am ok!! I want to find out what it is because i am always off school and I have exams coming up

Helpful - 0
FOOD ALLERGIES
Helpful - 0
172715 tn?1285494490
A metrodospac is somewhat known as a miracle drug.  It will find any infection/inflamation in your body and zap it. It works better than just an antibiotic or other anti-inflamitory meds.  I really hope that it will be the start of a divine healing for your Dad.  Hang in there, you are doing a great job taking care of him.
Helpful - 0
I just wanted to update the situation. Not really any new, news as of yet. I actually had his family doctor check for lyme disease about a week ago along with his prostate. Those tests havn't come in yet. His surgeon that has done all of the procedures on him, sent him to a cancer doctor this past wed. to let him have a look and run some tests to see if it could possibly be some sort of cancer that the other tests have failed to see. They ran all sorts of blood tests and he has an appt. in a week and a half to have a MRI done of his head. To check for tumors on the brain and so forth.
The only thing that has changed is I had to take him back to the ER one night about 8 or 9 days ago now and I finally got him to let me take him to a different hospital than the usual because obviously they were not going to be of any help at this point because we had been there a million times at that point. They ran the usual battery of test and couldn't come up with anything, no supprise, but the doctor decided to give him an anti inflammitory/steriod, I think it was called Metro-dos-pac
or something like that. Anyways for some reason that has seemed to help a little, he's actually been able to eat a little more than normal and his symptoms havn't been as severe. It was only a weeks worth, it was like he took 6 this first day 5 the second and so on. This has also baffled the Cancer Dr. as to why the steriod would help in some way. Seeings how no one has any idea as to what it's actually helping.
The cancer dr. said that if all the tests they are running come back normal and he can't find anything concering cancer then the only thing that it looks like there's left to do is exploratory surgery.
I really don't know what to think and do anymore, but I know I was over the moon with joy that he was getting some sort of relief from the steriod even though we still have know idea what it was helping as long as he is able to act halfway normal for a few days is great.
Thanks for the comments, if anyone has any new suggestions please feel free to write, it will be much appreciated. I will keep you all updated on the progress.

Thanks
Helpful - 0
172715 tn?1285494490
Do you have any updates for us?  I'm really worried about your situation. In my prayers
Helpful - 0
172715 tn?1285494490
Did the surgeon look for any loose stones in the ducts?  If he had stones, especially tiny ones, they can do allot of travel damage.   Keep looking into this with his doctor or find a different one.  I pray that the problem is found soon and that it is easily cured. Pray until something happens. O.K.
Helpful - 0
Has he been checked for Lyme disease? What about food allergies? Do you notice any, ANY symptoms appear or worsen after he eats or drinks something specific? Even though he was tested negative for Celiac, I'd still recommend cutting wheat, gluten and dairy out of his diet for a while and see if there is any improvement. Here's a couple of good links on Lyme as well:
http://www.anapsid.org/lyme/symptoms/tbi-symptoms.html
http://www.canlyme.com/patsymptoms.html

You may want to check into the Marshall Protocol. See marshallprotocol.com and read "essential information about the MP" and "Marshall Protocol FAQ's."

Keep us posted, K, and hang in there!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1714899967
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.