Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Tingling in arms/hands and feet

I am experiencing tingling in both my lower arms and fingers.  The tingling has almost become uncomfortable in my fingers.  In my toes, I would characterize it as neuropathy and is more frequent.  Recent blood work has come back excellent for blood sugar, thyroid etc.  I have also been itchy.
I am taking topamax for migraine prevention, lexapro for mild depression, and relpax when I have a migraine.  I take a diuretic, but am currently out of it and need to refill it.
Also, I have found myself wanting to sleep more and falling asleep in my chair for hours(sometimes for the whole night).
I hope that this does not indicate something serious - I am not very good about taking time off for doctor visits and check ups.
Thank you for your help.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Other options-
You may need vit B-6.  I don't remember the dosage, but it is larger then the actual amount needed due to only a percent being absorbed.  
If you send a lot of time on the computer or in any position, such as holding the phone with one hand and leaning on your elbow with the other, you may be experiencing RSI, or Repetitive Stress Injury.  This is like "tennis elbow", but caused by any over done stress or pressure on nerves.
Helpful - 0
Tingling in the fingers, especially in the tips of the fingers are a sign of early Thyroid problems.  I had them myself for quite a while.  When my Thyroid tests were normal, I had my diet checked and was told that I needed iodine. Iodine "feeds" the Thyroid. Most of the dietary iodine is from eating fish or iodized salt. I ate very little of either.  When I began taking Kelp, which is basically iodine, the tingling went away. My doctor told me that it takes about a month for the Thyroid to "balance out" on iodine, but I noticed a change in only a few days.  It is VERY important not to overdo the iodine, so don't go out and eat alot of it, the body only needs a tiny bit.  I take one 200mcg tablet a day. One teaspoon of iodized salt in your food each day is about right if you don't want to get kelp.  Don't do both.  Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Try eliminating artificial sweetners for a while and see what happens.  Of course I'm not saying don't try medical help, but I saw 4 doctors and none of them found that aspartame was doing it to me.

Tingling in the extremities is a common complaint from people who are sensitive to aspartame (AKA Equal, Nutrasweet).
Helpful - 0
i HAVE BEEN HAVING TINGLING IN MY HANDS, ARMS AND MY LEGS FOR SEVERAL MONTHS NOW,  MOSTLY AT NIGHT AND A LITTLE DURING THE DAY, I ALSO HAVE BEEN HAVING HEADACHES SINCE sEPT WHICH IS VERY RARE FOR ME, I ALSO EXPERIENCE BOUTS OF CONSTIPATION AND EYE PROBLEMS AS WELL AS WEIRD BUZZING SOUNDS IN MY BRAIN, I HAVE HAD SO MANY TESTS AND NO ONE CAN FIND ANYTHING WRONG, OFCOURSE i HAVE DIAGNOSED MYSELF WITH mS AFTER i READ ALL THE SYMPTOMS BUT MY DR SAID I DO NOT HAVE IT, ALSO HAD A RECENT mri TAHT SHOWED I HAVE SOME SPOTS ON MY BRAIN. MY DR SAID THEY ARE FROM HEADACHES BUT WHEN I LOOKED UP HEADACHES AND MRI IT SAID THAT HEADACHES CAN BE THE FIRST SIGN OF MS SO DO NOT KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE.TALK TO YOUR DR ABOUT IT.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
AL
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.