Blank
Aa
A
A
Close
Blank

Vitamin B6 Toxicity Group

Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that can result in nerve damage when too much is taken in the form of supplements. B6 is found naturally in most grains such as flax and wheat. Many vitamin supplements and diet pills also contain more than the daily requirements of vitamin B6. B6 toxicity, also known as B6 overdose, is rare and most doctors are unfamiliar with it. It's becoming more common as manufacturers are adding B6 supplements to many vitamins and fortifying cereals. Symptoms commonly include a feeling of pins and needles, like nails being driven into you, generally in your hands and feet or anywhere else in your body where you've sustained nerve damage in the past. However, instead of pain, symptoms may include numbness. Either is refered to as neuropathy. Anytime you eat foods with certain forms of vitamin B in them (B1, B3, B6), your symptoms worsen for many hours. B6 toxicity is usually reversible by avoiding foods with vitamin B in them for 6 months to 3 years.

1 - 20 (of 37) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
In February 2016 I began taking 100mg of B6 daily. 7 week later I began to experience the following symptoms: muscle twitching all over my body, and tingling in my arms, legs and face. I discontinued B6 immediately, increased my water in...
  Posted
Hi, just diagnosed with Vit B6 small fibre peripheral neuropathy and really really struggling with it, the whole idea of it, the fact that I took a vitamin and got this, the drugs, the feeling of being so stupid. I also have crohns dise...
  Posted
I am hoping that a few of you may be able to shed some light on my health problems. I have been having problems for about 10 years now. It all started with my big toes. They gradually became numb starting at the tip of each toe and pr...
  Posted
Hi everyone, I have been ill for quite some time, had numerous bloods, MRI's, CT's, endoscopies, colonoscopies etc etc over the past 5 months and the only thing they uncovered were low iron levels (but high ferritin), mild iodine deficie...
  Posted
Hi. I have both the Gene & B6 Toxicity. How come when I search for B6 both forums/groups B6 Toxicity and MTHFR come up together? Are they associated? Bev516
  Posted
I have been diagnosed with B6 toxicity. My doctor said that exercise would be good because it would speed metabolism. However, I'm concerned about doing what is best to heal my nerves. Since walking makes my feel hurt, throb, and twit...
  Posted
I have been coping with numbness, tingling, burning of arms legs, back of head, face for 7 months now. The only abnormality was high B6 (61). I was taking only 25 mg per day, much lower then the upper limit. The B6 has dropped to 9, y...
  Posted
Hi, I've got a question regarding dizziness induced by too much vitamin B6. I'm a new one here, so a quick info. about me. I was prescribed 200 mg of pyridoxine a day which I took for nearly 3 months. I got severely hit by it, tingling a...
  Posted
Hello to you all I just had posted a long story on the Neurology forum, not aware of this user group. I've copied my story below: Since early/mid-June 2013 I know I have elevated vitamin B6 in my blood: Pyridoxal phosphate (active ...
  Posted
Hi Guys, I'm a 29 year-old female whose exercises regularly, eats well and doesn't drink or smoke and have been lucky to have had great health for most of my life. Over the last year and a half, though, I've suddenly developed sympto...
  Posted
Hello. I have been reading the threads for a little while now. They have really been a comfort for me knowing that there are others out there and I'm not alone. About 10 years ago a naturopath prescribed high levels of B6 (300mg) da...
  Posted
Has anyone tried biotin (vitamin B7) to treat vitamin b6 toxicity? Some of the symptoms of B6 toxicity are the same as the symptoms of biotin deficiency... tingling, fatigue, etc.
  Posted
I have been reading the posts on Vitamin b6 toxicity. I started having the pins and needles 6 months ago. My neurologist did a B6 test and my B^ level was 1400. I take no vitamins with b6 in them only Calcium and B3. I checked to make su...
  Posted
The few available resources list common B6 toxicity symptoms as a feeling of pins and needles in hands and feet. There seem to be many other symptoms. Please, list your symptoms here.
  Posted
Hello. I'm hoping the "experts" on this board can read my story and tell me if you think it could be B6 toxicity? I'm at my wit's end really. I'm 42 and in great health, exercise 2x week. In July I started having strange pains in my teet...
  Posted
I have just been diagnosed with a B6 rate of 190, I have severe burning in my feet and legs, balance problems and really bad pains in my head, my GP and hospital consultant are not sure how to treat me. Please can anyone help.
  Posted
What is the best remedy you have found for vitamin b6 toxicity?
  Posted
Hi My name is Maria. I’m from Spain, so I’ll try to write in english, but i’m so sorry for my bad english.... I will make an effort because things that I want to share with you are REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT!!!!!! And can HELP YOU A LOT!...
  Posted
B6 is listed as a remedy/treatment for iron-overload. how can i have both at the same time?
  Posted
Hello. I have left several posts in this group. I'm just adding here that I have decided to follow my very trusted chiropractor's suggestion and seek help with a well-known homeopathy MD out-of-state. I have contacted this practitioner a...
  Posted
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
crosby12 joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 19
Blank
Joanie1937 joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 22