Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hep B

I posted a few days ago worried about Hep C but after some research I realize what I really should be worried about is Hep B not C.  The internet is a powerful but dangerous tool, on one hand it's good because it keeps you informed but on the other it can scare the living daylights out of you!  My boyfriend has all the symptoms of Hepatitis, I am the only person he has had unprotected sex with in a year and a half (I believe him) so if he does have Hep B then chances are he got it from me.  He won't get his blood test results back for days and I'm going crazy.  I have only had oral sex with 2 other people.  A few websites say Hep B is only a slight to theoretical risk orally but others say it's definitely transmitted that way.  I have had no symptoms but am now extrememly worried because from what I have read if you have no symptoms and have it, it probably means you are a chronic carrier. I never knew there was a vaccine for Hep B until I started research.  Does anyone have any insight to the risks of Hep B and oral sex?
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
transmition is blood to blood, or seamen to blood... many reasons oral is a possible route like this....
Helpful - 0
Hey dont we all want be with a "coffee mob boss" old enough to be our grandpa? (Although sadly he's not old enough to be mine hahahh).

Coffee mob boss...liver results from head injuries...bizarre!
Helpful - 0
Too funny Deb.  I have been watching that show since I was a kid.  Crazy I know, guess I can blame my mother for that one.  Yes, I saw yesterday's episode and thought the same thing.  I almost emailed the network to let them know how absurd it was. LOL
Helpful - 0
Thank you thank you thank you...

I think I'm going to head to Port Charles and let Patrick or Monica operate on me...nobody ever dies when the Qs are around right? ;-)

Sonny and Emily = yuck.

And at least I won't need anymore invasive tests...not when they can just wave a wond over my head and tell what's up.
Helpful - 0
Heck, the Q's could probably cure us in a day or two.  They work miracles don't they?  

Robert Scorpio seems to be coming back from the dead for the third time??  Can't wait to see how that is explained.

S & E = major yuck, just not right.
Helpful - 0
OK off topic but it will go to show how insane I've become.

The absurdity!

Yesterday Noah Drake (aka Rick Springfield) fell on the ice and had to go to the hospital. He's been a hard core alcholic since his wife died. So he knocks his head and is at good old General Hospital where his son see's his test results and hands them to Noah.  OH NO..this poor b*stard needs a transplant his liver is gone!  Oops it's NOah.

Now how in the WORLD did they get a test done when he fell that would lead anyone to realize he only has six months to live?

Anyways...it makes me feel better about my hair falling out to laugh at such things. Cut my hair to just below my shoulders last night...figure what the heck it's coming out in clumps again in the shower this morning!

At least I haven't hit my head lately or darn I'd need a transplant too ;-)
Helpful - 0
Well, he could almost be my son, LOL.  She's just too sweet, unlike his other conquests.

And what is up with Luke & the chimp???  

Yes folks, here we are on the MH Hep C forum talking soap operas!  What ever makes us feel better! :)

Sorry about your hair, know you have a almost hairless buddy out here in the desert.  Nothing seems to work for me.
Helpful - 0
Do you still have my email if so email me and we can talk offline on this so people don't get upset.

It DOES make me feel better to complain about their lives lol

The monkey has a disease...Robert comes to quarantine the hospital...lots almost die...will continue later.

I was so pissed about that liver thing I wanted to bring it up...and also see if any of my friends watched trash tv like me hee hee.
Helpful - 0
96938 tn?1189799858
'Luke and the chimp'?.  Where's Goof when you need him?
Helpful - 0
Same answer really for B and C if you think about it - if you are worried get tested.  Nobody can guarantee with any odds that you didn't catch either one. Even if the odds are 1000 to 1 - there still is a chance. Same with HIV and sexual any diseases that are blood borne.

Best advice is get the tests because nobody in here knows if you have anything - in any way.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.