Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Blisters in Buttock area

My friend came down with a high fever one day and the next day five blisters appeared on his buttock area. What could this be a cause of?  He told me that it was not the first time that a blister had appeared on that area but it wasn't that bad. Could this be some sort of STD?
15 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes, it is.  "Fever Blisters"  But Herpee's it is.  Brought on by a STD most likely and very contageous during the itchy and tingly time and painful.  Especially when it is always in the same spot every time.  No cure...and comes and goes.  *****!!!
Helpful - 0
Thank you all for your concerned comments.  My friend finally went to his physician and found out that it was not herpes, hepatitis, or any other kind of STD.

Apparantly, it was some sort of bacterial infection of the skin, I can't remember the actual word the doctor told him because I can't even pronounce it...let alone spell it.

Oh and another thing, I am a good friend to him but, some of you had the idea that I actually counted the blisters on his ass... NO, no, no,.... he just told me but if I had to...I would probably do it. That's true love and friendship.

Thanks to you all.  Sha
Helpful - 0
Heck if I know where it went! I can't find it either. Here is the link, hope that is what you are after!

http://www.natap.org/2004/EASL/easl_06.htm

PS. TGIF to you!
Helpful - 0
85135 tn?1227289772
I had a friend who would get a small cluster of blisters on the butt at times. She said it was some kind of herpes outbreak.
Helpful - 0
I work with someone that is a pimple on the @ss of humanity......but thats as close as I get experience wise.....
Helpful - 0
The blisters are acompanied with a fever, I thik he should be seen by a doctor ASAP. Does he also have a headache? Is his neck sore and stiff? It could be a lot of things but I would agree with the other poster who said it might be a Herpes or shingles outbreak. Are they very painful?
If this has happened before and the blisters were erupting in the same place he should have them cultured so he knows what they are for sure.
Helpful - 0
Where is the THREAD from yesterday I can't find it (I'm an idiot I guess).  The 72 weeker?
Helpful - 0
148987 tn?1287805926
BTW - 90% of people who get shingles had the chicken pox as a child.

If you had shingles, trust me, you'd know it. Not really blisters but more of a rash that looks like a 'scrape' that turns into blisters.
Helpful - 0
you know that this is a hepatitis (liver) forum, not a herpes forum, right? and as the disclaimer said, no medical advice is given here.
if he is concerned, he should see his primary care physician.
Helpful - 0
116701 tn?1210259164
How does one approach this subject with another person. It's not like popping the hood on the car for a quick oil change. Would this be a bend over inspection or the standard flat out one. Why counting? would the term several not do. If lancing the blister what if other equipment mistakenly became involved. This is a very scary scenario to me. Hey honey give her a count and see if the twins have hatched anything.

With all that said I hope your friend doesn't have a serious problem and after 30 some odd years of being married my wife would have thrown a mirror at me and said count'em yourself bud. You are good friend to him. Dale
Helpful - 0
Thank you! I printed out the synopsis yesterday and stared at it but I wanted to print out the whole thing.

Even my shrink today was like WOW even if those numbers are off a tiny bit that is such a HUGE difference I can't see why they don't encourage everyone to go for it if they aren't having THAT bad a problem with sides.

It's a long time but I sort of agree (but I am a treatment junkie after all aren't I?)  ;)
Helpful - 0
That was a great article.  I am going to keep that in mind when I start tx.   True....if you can do it .... then do it.
Helpful - 0
I know the answer! Pick me! Pick me! I CAN HELP YOU! I have had this same event quite often for 15 years or so. Fever and all! It's the Herpes virus. It really is. It's a cluster of tiny white bumps at first end in a day or so it looks like a MEAN spider bite. In fact, the doctors will tell him it could be a bite of some kind (they all say that), but when it's "open", and he cultures it, it will come back as "Herpes". It happens to me about every year now but used to come out quite often. I have a continual scar in the area. Twice it came out on the back of my thigh and the labs confirmed it was the same thing. It's very livable and eventually doesn't come out as often, but contageous if others touch it when it's wet (when it's oozing, I even wash the toilet seat if it touches it so my family doesn't get it) You have to take Zovirax or the generic (Acyclovir) and it will settle it down quicker. Took me 14 years to give to hubby! He will know because he will be so TIRED before the breakout and a little feverish. Hope it helps.
Helpful - 0
148987 tn?1287805926
It takes a true friend to count the blisters on someones ass. I commend you for that.

Maybe something as simple as heat blisters. I've had shingles before, but never on my buttocks. Back area and mid section and shingles HURT, like being stung by a scorpian. ( yup, been stung by a scorpian too. See 'em crawling around the house every once in a while.) Like shingles, when you get stung by one, you know it.

It's probably nothing.
Helpful - 0
Are the blisters all over or just on one side.  Shingles will pick a side and show up as a sort of blister.

No doctors here.  Just folks blessed with HCV and sharing experiences.

miss
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.