Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Report re: Harvard Medical School Symposium

Thank you ALL for your participation in our recent online survey.  We received more than 100 replies and were amazed by the thoughtfulness given to each comment!! As promised, here is an excerpt from our report to Havard Med School:

"Looking at the data for online medical usage and healthcare spending reveals two clear trends are revealed:  
1. Internet users are increasingly going online for medical information.

2. Healthcare institutions are investing a large and growing amount of money on Information Technology.          

After reviewing this data, one is tempted to quickly draw the conclusion that increases in IT spending are being driven by consumer demand for medical information and online services.

However, a real disconnect seems to exist, because the IT spending is not on consumers, rather it is on storage systems, and ways to streamline administrative processes.  When we asked our online visitors how they would like to use the Internet to better interact with doctors and hospitals, the disconnect became even more apparent. Here is what we found.

6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was at work and could not send my response, but it looks like the results reflect the answers I would have sent to the T! Amazing! add another percentage for my missing survey.
Helpful - 0
Will do!  You are now officially "counted"!

Cindy Thompson
Helpful - 0
131817 tn?1209529311
Add me to that list too. I would have had a similar responce to the survey. Thanks!
Helpful - 0
137539 tn?1344379928
I did respond and thank you for providing the info regarding the response and data found as a result.  I was one who would be very interested in on-line interaction. so it is nice to see that I am not alone in my opinion.
Helpful - 0
Something else I felt the survey missed was whether patients would prefer to have access to their medical records over the internet!

My clinic system is slowly implementing just such a system and fortunately my clinic is one of the smaller ones that received on of the early installations.  I can not say how invaluable it has been to me to be able to access my lab reports at any given time over the internet.  In fact, during my recent fallow-up visit with HCV doc, it allowed me to provide them with my recent labs when I forgot to bring my hardcopies with me.

Our system also allows me to access records for my wife and children too.  This also was useful as we prepared for this new school year and needed to know which required shots we needed to arrange for appointments.

So if MedHelp would please pass this along and perhaps coordinate with Harvard, or some other institute of influence, to see what the demand by the paying public is for such service, it would be greatly appreciated.
Helpful - 0
17568 tn?1424973559
If anyone is interested we would be immensely grateful for any suggestions you have re: how we can improve our website. Here is the URL for our latest "questionnaire"

http://www.medhelpinternational.org/surveys/survey1.aspx

Cindy Thompson
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.