Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Possible reasons for fatigue for inactive Hep B

http://psy.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/46/2/142

Basically fatigue is a side effect of depression. This article shows a higher rate of depression for asymptomatic Hep B carriers.

Last year I was on anti-depressants for a while for another issue. I did have alot less fatigue then, but I discontinued the use since I didn't like the side effect of reduced sexual libido.

I also read an article saying that fatigue may also be from a response your body learned when the disease was active. That means it reacts because it has 'memory' of the active disease. Its not unlike those people who can still feel their amputated limbs.  The solution is to retrain your body and antidepressants are one method.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi jboyhk,

I think hep b triggered depresson in me back 5 years ago and my body couldn't get back to normal for some reason. your explanation makes sense to me. i think you know more than doctors :)

is there a way to find out if your body slowly trying to get rid of the HBsAG. like by looking at the amount if HBsAG in our blood.
Helpful - 0
I don't think thats the way it works.

Unfortunately when you have a low viral count the body doesn't try to get rid of it. Since the virus has been in your body for a while it doesn't register to the immune system as 'foreign' and attack it.

Some of the future therapy's that may hopefully work try to get your immune system to recognize the virus and launch an attack.

That is what happens in a normal Hep B vaccination but you can't use it if you are chronic since the body has already seen the virus and doesn't react the same way.
Helpful - 0
If you want a great dedicated list forum for Hep B then send a blank email to  [email protected]

Its email based and not thread like this forum but there are people with many years of experience on that site to answer your questions.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.