Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

burning abdominal pain and elevated liver enzymes

i was wondering if anyone can give me some information to calm my fears. Here is my situation. i slept with a romainian stripper in japan about 13 weeks ago.i had protected vaginal intercourse about 4 times that night and fingered her one unprotected. At 8 weeks post exposure i started to have a burning sensation all throughout my abdomin radianting up to my chest, also have excessive amount of gas and a little discomfort at my upper right quadrant of my abdominals. i went to the doctor last week and had some labs done, he told my that my live enzymes were slightly elevated but not to much. so he sent off my blood work to get checked for Hepatitis. i cant sleep thinking about this situation.
Questions:
1. does these symptoms sound like acute hepatitis?
2. how well would the vaccination of hep b protect me?
3. is there a chance that i have acquired hep c?
4. is there a chance to be exposed to 2 stds and only catch 1?
5. do you think i am out of the window period if i tested a 12 weeks?
forgive me if this is the forum only for people diagnosed with hepititus i just need some answers. hopefully

thanks in advance for you time.
15 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153

run all tests here plus hbsag quant in iu/ml and fibroscan

you might have an hard time if you are in US, healthcare there is the worst in the world for hbv, even china, southa frica and vietnam have better tests

without those tests it is not possible to say exactly how you are, especially fibroscan.US is the last country i would like to be to check my hbv status...
Helpful - 0
well me myself i just went and got my test results done because about a week ago they told me that my liver was elevated just a lil so they wanted to test me to see if i had hepititis but it came back that i didnt have that either  so i asked him what could make my liver elevated and he said he didnt kno that he was going to send me to get a tct scan but my stomach also be burning at the top and it just drive my crazy because i want to know what is going on can somebody plz give me some advise on this im so worried about this!!!
Helpful - 0
Child: remember not 1 , not 2, not 3, but 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-----------------------
Sounds better than the domestic models. Just got off the phone with JAL (Japan Air Lines) :)
Helpful - 0
AH yes those damn fingers can get you every time!

If there was protection I'm not sure what the question is...I don't ever remember protecting my fingers either.  Maybe that in turn is how I got this disease?

I'm so confused now LOL (Nothing new at all there though).

Helpful - 0
Since you used protection, your four-peat with the Roumanian stripper probably only cost you a sore prostate, unless you're a bit younger than I :) Try not to stress until you get your Hep C test back. Lots of different things can cause liver enzymes to be slightly raised. As to your stomach and chest symptons, it might be reflux or GERD. A good GP or GI should be able to help you here. As to the Hep B vaccine, it depends whether you have built up the antibodies yet. Again, check with your doctor. Just keep in mind there are risks and rewards with everything in life. Hopefully, the Roumaniam stripper was worth it. Sounds like she just may have
been.LOL.

-- Jim
Helpful - 0
Hi Sandi!! how are you?

NYG, he had protected vaginal sex, but his finger was not protected, perhaps the condom was too big?

it sounds like a case of extreme anxiety to me, and maybe guilt...
Helpful - 0
Hi Sandi
Most of my arthritic symptoms resolved about 5 month post tx.
Many other issues remained, and new ones have cropped up.
Why don't you come by more often and talk how post tx is affecting you. There are lively debates here about what is tx related, and what could be age related.
After having tx as long as you did, your input would be welcome.
I have so many cognitive issues still going, I am not able to post at will, and frequently don't see the pertinent posts until days later.

Hope you are doing well,
Ina
Helpful - 0
I'd be more worried about STDs, and things like that more than hep.

If you want to have sex with strippers - and don't use protection...it's a price you are more likely going to pay in the future if you don't this time.

Helpful - 0
gross!

anyway, take it very seriously that your liver enzymes were high... make sure your drs get to the bottom of it...it could be viral hepatitus but it also could be liver damage from something else as the cause...like alchohol or high iron etc...

just make sure they find out for you so you can get on with treatment and recovery...high enzymes means something is causing your liver cells to die...

good luck, let us know!
Helpful - 0
first off let me say i remember the good old days when i could do it 4 times in one night, probably more with a romainan stripper lol. anyway about your problem, if your doc is doing a hep panal test that will look for all 3 types of hep anti bodies. usually acute hep presents with very high liver enzymes, way more then double. i'm sure it is possible but i doubt it very much that you caught hep from that "protected" sexual encounter. there are many things that can cause liver enzymes to increase such as medications,excersise,etc. try and relax and wait for the results, i think you will be fine. best of luck to you
Helpful - 0
what do you mean by extreme elevations? doc told me it is double the normal amount.for the test that you suggested,i am in the military so i dont know what kind of test they do. thanks for you reply.
Helpful - 0
146021 tn?1237204887
OOOPS meant to say hep b vaccine offers protection from hep B not hep c vaccine. Remember not a dr. here just an ADD adult.
Helpful - 0
146021 tn?1237204887
Well some advise, sounds like you had some night!
Is your doctor looking at any other causes for your pain and discomfort? Did he test for h-pylori, the bacteria that can cause ulcers? Your gallbladder is also located in the right upper quadrant. Has he talked to you about GERD? Slightly elevated enzymes can be caused from many things, including the amount of alcohol you consumed the night before.
1. Doesn't sound like acute hep.  Are your eyes or skin yellow?
2. Hep c vaccine offers protection from hepb. Hopefully you've had yours since you are in the military.
3. There's always a chance of aquiring hep c, whether it was that night or when you had the strippers name  tattooed on your arm. Just kidding, just trying to point out that there are many modes of transmission, sex is less than 5% I beleive.
4.Yes there is a chance, but only if you are extrememly lucky. Genital herpes has to be in the active stage to be transferred.
5. I don't know. Some people have reported testing negative and then later positive, some positive then were lucky enough to spontaneous clear on their own.
Remember I am not a doctor, I just play one on the internet. In other words, this is all just my opinion and not to be mistaken as the final answer.
Try not to worry, you sound as if you might be suffering a little remorse about the consequences now that it's all over.
Helpful - 0
acute hep usualy sees extreme enzyme elevations. i think it is unlikely u have acute hep.
Helpful - 0
ask ur doc to get u anti-HCV, and HBSag tests. enzymes wont diagnose alone.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.