Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Doc Appointment Tomorrow

Seeing my doc tomorrow. I'm kind of confused since I always have to prop my doc for any test. I have HBV and at fibrosis stage 1 according to the last tests done. I want to know the exact point I'm right now regarding risk level, treatment options among other things.
What should I be testing for this time? The doc did not test for the S or the E antigen. So I'll be requesting those. I was also advised to ask for a DNA analysis. What about the Surface antibody, PCR and the Igm? (Anti-HBs)?
Can someone please explain the full meaning of the abbreviations below and what they are used to measure?
ALT
AST
Lastly, what does it mean to be a Pre-core mutant?
Thank you all in advance.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

Hi, I am Tx'ing for HepC, don't know anything about HepB, HOWEVER while I am having a hard time going to bed tonight (up on the web) I ran across a page that has answers to the questions you asked!!! :)Hope this helps!!!

http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hep_b/test.html
Helpful - 0
Something doesn't jive here.

How can they have done a biopsy and not have done those tests you ask for?

I think you should first go back and look in detail all the tests that you have had done. I am sure you will find them.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.