Email this page to a friend
Symptoms Associated with Fatigue
- Lack of energy
Risk Factors for Fatigue
- Unhealthy diet
- Lack of physical exercise
Treatments for Fatigue
- Multivitamin: Taking a multivitamin can help ensure your body is getting everything it needs. Talk to your doctor about which may be best for you.
Home Remedies for Fatigue
- Get sufficient sleep
- Eat a healthy diet: Eating a portion- and calorie-controlled diet high in fruits and vegetables, and moderate intake of whole grains, lean protein and low- or nonfat dairy can give you more energy.
- Exercise regularly: Aim for at least 60 minutes of moderate-paced exercise a day. This includes brisk walking, bicycling or doing yard work.
- Relax: It is important to relax and avoid stress. Yoga or meditation can be a good way to help your body relax.
How to Prevent Fatigue
- Maintain a healthy diet: Eat well and drink water throughout the day!
- Avoid alcohol and nicotine
- Reduce stress
Katherine Solem is a health writer and editor living in San Francisco.
Published: July 20, 2011
- Keep track of what your eating with our online food tracker
- Need help picking healthy foods to eat? Use the Pic Healthy iPhone app to help!
- Record your workouts with our online exercise tracker!
- Get tips on how to sleep easy in our sleep disorders forum