12 year old has had enough of his sibling
I am a single mother with two children who stay home while I am at work. one is 13 and the other 12. The 13 year old expects the 12 year old to learn to defend him self, says that the 12 year old annoys him.

The 12 year old says that his brother is always hitting him and that he has had enough... he either wants to move with his dad or kill him self..

I don't know what to do... I have tried talking, punishment, and really I don't know who says the truth any more...

Does the 12 year old want to do what he wants and he is not getting away with it because his brother does let him, or is the 13 year old just a bully.... These are questions I ask myself. Please help
Honestly no 1 knows. Like u said your at work and only the boys know the truth and 1 MUST be lying. Maybe u can set up some hidden cameras and see what's really going on. Another thing u can do is get a babysitter. I mean I know they r a little old for that but its a good way to make sure your boys r safe and that there really isn't any kind of bullying going on in your house. I really hope u can find the answers u need. Don't give up and stay strong
If the 12-year-old is threatening suicide, I would believe the 13-year-old is hitting him, and would let him live with his dad rather than insisting he stay to be tortured every day.  Is there no way to get them into after-school care so they are a) separated and b) supervised?  They seem very young to be left to their own devices all day long.
They need more supervision and you need to protect the younger child , it is abuse and bullying..so seperate them, have repercussions for the bullying, No TV no Videos no Computer, The 13 year old maybe needs some counseling ..you have to be tough with him and stop his behavior the other child needs protecting ...its in your hands ..
I doubt therapy would do much good since the boys are on their own so much of the time. If you have good relations with the father I would discuss it with him. I should think that the best of all possible solutions, given the situation, would be to separate the boys for a while. That might means having the younger boy live with his father, at least temporarily. Are there any objections to that solution?
I think the 12 year old is telling the truth.

Get a couple video cameras and set them up,  and watch for yourself.  What a shock that would be to the older one.
There is your answer Ida as Rock Rose said set up a camera and catch it all as it happens ,then you can show the father,what is happening ..