Abuse Support Community
Verbally Abusive mother

This community is for discussions relating to emotional, physical, sexual, social, spiritual, spousal, and verbal abuse. Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Verbally Abusive mother

I'm 18 years old, and I have a son of my own. My mother over the years has become emotionally and verbally abusive to anyone she is near. I no longer live with my mother anymore because of her actions. My main concern though is my little sister. My mother yells at her for no reason. I've lived with this my whole life and I don't want to see my sister go through this too. My little sister just currently turned 6 years old last month and she is a diabetic. My mother does come around and help with the diabetes, but I feel when she yells at her, it puts a toll on my sister emotionally and I don't know what to do. My mother has started this and now she is freaking out even when she spills the slightest bit of coffee. I've tried contacting attorney's and what not, but nobody will respond to my calls. I've left at least 6 voice mails to different people. Just not one word. I feel that soon my sister will be endangered and I wanna help her before she gets physically abused next. What should I do?
Your 6 year old sister drinks coffee, may I ask who the child is living with as you say your mother does come round ?The people to contact would be CPS child protection services, they would give you information where you stand if you told them what you have written here. .I agree this is not good behavior but possibly your mom could get some help if she is dealing with depression or anything may make her behave this way .
My sister does with my mother, and her two friends. But one of them feels as though my mother may hurt her. Psychiatrists say she is dealing with depression, but they say that she only thinks it. She refuses to see any kind of psychiatrist who doesn't agree with her. She will only tell them what we "do to her" which we do nothing at all. And in reality its her doing everything to everyone else.
If you think your mom is abusive towards your sister call cps and tell them about it, get some feedback on what you can do , they may send a social worker round to check. Your mom indeed may have trouble coping if she is depressed she does need some help I dont know how you can make her get help if she wont go .What about the 2 friends  she and your sister live with do they treat the child well ?
Is your goal to have your sister come and live with you? Would your mom allow you to let her do that without getting anyone involved by maybe suggesting that she needs a break for a l
Sorry.   A little while and you can offer to take her for a hit and see where things go from there