Acne Community
3 year old has pimples on face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

3 year old has pimples on face

My 3 year old son started with a cold in the past few weeks. he has a horrible habit for wiping his nose with his sleeve, which irritates the skin around his nose and over onto his cheek. He had what appeared to be a very chapped area of skin under his nose, which I had been moisturizing and putting vaseline on occasionally. Then just below the chapped area he developed what look like pimples. Since then they have spread and he has 8 or more around his face, on his cheeks chin and forehead. They are not pus filled or scaley or scabby, just red raised dots like the early stage of a pimple. One of them was big enough and raised enough to be a bug bite. They are ONLY on his face.They do not seem to bother him, he says they do not hurt or itch. Sometimes they are more red than other times. moisturizing seems to bring the redness down, but not make them go away. Im still searching for what it could be and what could cause it. A couple days ago he had just a few between his nose and upper lip so it just looked irritated. The next day I picked him up from daycare and he had the bug bite sized dot on his cheek and I figured something had just happened at daycare but then it spread and now it's the weekend, and I will not be able to get in to the dr for a couple more days. please help!