Acne Community
Accutane- Treatment for purple spots on face
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Accutane- Treatment for purple spots on face

I am taking Accutane and purplish red spots show up under my skin on my face. They continue to get worse until I have to quit taking Accutane for about 2 weeks, then they finally go away. When I start Accutane again, they come back about 3 weeks later and keep getting worse until I have to quit again. The spots are mostly underneath the skin, but then come out like a rash with small bumps. This only occurs on my face. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening so that I can take Accutane continuously?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi. You need to show this to your dermatologist at your next check-up. If this is a rash you may be allergic to one of the ingredients of Accutane tablets. They contain soya and peanut oil as well as Vitamin A, all of which are potential allergens.
Accutane needs to be taken continuously for 16 weeks to achieve a long term remission from acne.
Eloise.
Blank
Hi. I am a 32 year old black women. I have been taking Accutane for 3 weeks. 40mg a day. Within the second week of taking this medication, my skin became darker. Really dark. I look like I have smoke residue on my face from a fire. Is this normal?
Blank
it must be normal because I am a 36 year old black woman and i'm experiencing the same thing too.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank