Acne Community
Acne breakout azythromicin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Acne breakout azythromicin

i take azythromicin 3 days/week ....after 3 weeks i have bad breakouts (i was better when i was at the dermatologist),i was again to see my doctor and he told me to continue the treatment because this is how it works.My question is if somebody expirienced this and if they got better or worse?
Hi there!

Azithromycin is usually well tolerated by individuals being treated for acne. In case the antibiotic has not been effective after 6-8 weeks of use, it may be worthwhile seeking a review with your treating dermatologist for alternative modes of treatment.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
everytime i take azithromycin my acne exacerbate after that the pimples dry,i think that this pills clean my pores and after that they don't come up again...thanks for the answer