Acne Community
Acne in the Ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Acne in the Ear

I have a pimple in my ear and i was wondering if there was any way to prevent these from ever coming back and how to get rid of them. The one thats in my ear now is huge, and i have had several before then and it happens in both ears. Is this a condition do i need to worry about anything? Can i use acne spot treatment, that is usually made for your face, in my ear to help it go away faster? Any comments would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
As you can see i'm trying to help everyone on this forum but your question is very difficult! If you have acne elsewhere i would see your doctor for oral antibiotics and treat the problem from the inside. Applying topical acne treatments inside your ear could be difficult and i don't know how safe this would be. My son has childhood acne and gets spots and blackheads inside his ear, so if anyone does know of a solution please let us know. Sorry couldn't help more. loiloi

Yes, it is quite common to have a pimple at the site you describe. It can be a blocked pore (from wax). Just leave it alone, wash your ear gently, and put "polysporum" on it. This is a topical antiseptic and will help heal it.

The infection will probably go away by itself in 2 to 5 days. A mild pain reliever and warm compresses may help relieve the pain.

It is not recommended that we pop it ourselves, because it may get infected . A revisit to your ENT would seem reasonable.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you need any other information.

Post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.