Acne Community
Acne scars : Isotretinoin and Laser therapy simultaneously

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

I am indian by skin living in india only.I have got acne from past 5 to 6 years. I started getting cystic acne from past 3 years.I joined one of the respected dermatologist in the city past 2 years.And he advised me to have laser therapy along with 10 mg/day dose of isotretinoin. Today i am not having acne.from about 4 months.But i got deep scars. Recently i read in many articles that having laser therapy or microdermabration while on isotretinoin increases the risk of scarring.Does it is so? or it is fine to have laser therapy while being in low dose of isotretinoin.?
Tags: acne scars, isotrtinoin, laser therapy, microdermabration
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Accutane interferes with healing and can increase the risk of scarring if a person undergoes laser treatments, dermabrasion and tattoos.  It is not recommended to have such elective procedures while on the treatment, and it would be wise to wait at least a year after the accutane course. This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. Consult your dermatologist for more queries and assistance.I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!