Acne Community
Apple cider vinegar for acne

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Apple cider vinegar for acne

My twin 17 yr old boys both deal with acne on and off.  One of them developed a fungus/bacteria problem caused by sweat on his eyelids.  I decided to try organic apple cider vinegar on it because it seemed safer than the fungus ointments and vinegar kills fungus and bacteria.  I solved his problem.

So the other brother was really having a bad break out episode of acne and the usual stuff wasnt working anymore...on a whim I told him to try the vinegar...made sense to me...bacteria causes acne and the vinegar kills bacteria.

He hates using it because the vinegar stinks but guess what???? ITS WORKING!!!

It completely took the redness away after the first night.  Its been one week now and its slowly clearing up completely.  My son is amazed.  

Organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" in it is a cure all for so many things and now I can add acne to the list.

Try it.
You can read more about acne on rediff get ahead section.
Thanks Peaches2009 but that doesn't help me, I'm afraid I might have to purchase a mask for my acne which is underneath the skin and hurts much.
I'm told that I'm getting breakouts because I'm stressed but I say I'm stressed due to breakouts..so frustrated! Will I ever rid acne / bacne?!
My son uses the zeno for cystic acne..the kind under the skin that hurts.  I have used it myself and while its not a miracle worker over night, it does shrink it much faster and takes the pain away.  The heads are cheaper online and I think its worth it.  Anything to make those huge cystic painful ones go away faster.

After reading your post this morning I ran to the store to buy Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. OH MY GOSH!! For the past two weeks I have been dealing with a huge pimple sitting under my skin. I always try to let my pimples heal on their own without picking. Just a few hours after applying the vinegar to my blemish it had come to ahead and popped on its own allowing the puss to come out with little effort. I am so excited. I will swear by Apple Cider Vinegar for the rest of my life. Thank you so much. I still have a red spot the size of a quarter. Any advice on  the healing process?
The vinegar worked wonders on my son right away then after 5 days he had another small outbreak, I believe it is because the vinegar brings out anything under the skin, so he kept on using it and its still looking better and better each day.  The vinegar works as a natural peel and changes the ph level of the skin and kills bacteria.  If his face gets dry he uses an aloe cream that we have always used.  And he uses the zeno on stubborn ones that need help.

Glad it worked for you!  

I am anxious to see my sons face in another week because I believe it will continue to get better as the acne runs its cycle, because acne always goes in cycles.
I've had problems with cystic acne for 20 years and finally found something that works!  I found MSM gel, and also take MSM by mouth in pill form.  And MSM is natural!  I did a lot of research on it before I tried it, and thought it probably wouldn't work, but it does!  Also, sulfur helps - like a sulfur mask & I've heard of sulfur soap but haven't tried that.  I ordered the MSM gel & supplements from KalaHealth.com.  They carry everything.  I'd never even heard of MSM until I was on their site to order some supplements for my dog, believe it or not.  Just so happy to have found something that works!  If you try it, rub it into your skin very well. I use quite a bit, apply to my face, neck and chest. But I wouldn't wear it under makeup because it peels, not the msm, but the gel itself.  I found it best to put on and wear at night, or during the day if you are just at home.  If you try it, let me know if it helps you.  Good luck!
Msm???

Interesting I will have to do re11earch.  It is very expensive, like 85 for a bottle, wow!
MSM is not expensive.  I paid $13.75 for 9 oz gel that lasts me a few months.  The 1 gram capsules are $49.95 for 500, which depending on how many you take per day can last over a year!  Sometimes online prices are better. I get mine from KalaHealth.com. Compared to the many other things I have tried and wasted money on over the years, I thought that was quite inexpensive. ~ No one ever told me about MSM.  I read about it on a forum like this one. Someone mentioned it and I did some research and thought, well, it's cheap I can at least give it a try.  Glad I did!!  If you have cystic acne and use it consistantly, I think it will help.  I am 40 and have never found ANYTHING that worked until MSM.  The topical is what I think really makes a big difference.  And I am sure taking it internally helps also.   Hope this helps.  : )
where do you buy apple vinegar
Any health food store and most vitamin stores carry organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" in it.  

Around here even the grocery store carrys it in their organic section.
update:

Well its been awhile since we first started using the ACV for acne and since acne runs in cycles I wanted to wait to see how good it really is working.  Well it really is working.

It does not get rid of the big cyst type acne but it is keeping his face clear of regular acne blemishes.  Its important to use it everyday to keep the alkaline ph level but I really think the ACV is great.