Aa
A
A
Close
Bacne ?
Hi, I've had acne on my upper back, shoulders and face for about 4 years now.
I've been being treated for it by local doctors now for 2 maybe 2 and a half years.
My face has cleared up a bit, but a lot of maintaining is needed to keep it that way. My back is exactly the same it's always been.. spotty, red and scarring.

I used to have spots on my chest too but now there is just a mass of little (to not so little) scars scattered around.

Is there anything I can do to speed this up ? It's particularly embarrassing due to the fact that I compete in the sport of MMA, or at least used to until my recent illness/disease/blood disorder (Doctors are baffled too, see my next topic for more info).

I really need this to be figured out quickly. If you can give me some help it would be greatly appreciated.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
309783 tn?1271961829
Hi. Can you tell me specifically what you are currently using for your acne and what you have tried in the past, so I may offer a way forward.
Eloise x
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I have tried Minocycline (Current) and I used to be on Oxytetracycline.
I am also using Adapalene gel.

I have used many different acne/spot shower washes as well. They seem to work for my face. But my back.. Not so much :(
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
309783 tn?1271961829
Have you talked to your doctor about Accutane? You may be a candidate for this treatment if your acne has not responded to an adequate course of oral antibiotics.
Eloise x
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources