Acne Community
Caffeine and Acne
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Caffeine and Acne

Has anyone experienced their acne clearing up after removing caffeine from their diet. I am ttc and have stopped drinking coffee and soda containing caffeine for the past 2 weeks or so and have noticed a big difference in my skin. It seems to be clearing up. Now I have had 2 chemical peels in November but the last one was november 30th. I'm hoping that the caffeine is what was causing my acne but I don't want to get my hopes up. Just wondering if anyone else has tested out this theory.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Just read your comment will cut caffeine from my diet and il keep u posted.
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
I'm glad your acne has cleared up but there is no proven causal link between acne and diet. Acne is caused by a triad of factors; oil and hormones being the most influencial with bacteria being a third factor. What else have you tried to maintain clear skin? Dermatologists have found that Differin is the most effective topical gel especially when used in conjunction with an oral regime such as antibiotics (oxytetracycline, erythromycin etc) or anti-androgens for females (Diane35, Yasmin etc). I appreciate that if you are in the USA you will have to have medical insurance to cover these things. If you are in the UK they can be obtained on prescription from your doctor.
Blank
Yes!!  Yes!! and Yes!!   I noticed a big difference in my acne after I stopped drinking caffeine.  And for loiloi.....I'm pretty sure there's a link between the food you put in your body and the way your body functions....It almost sounds like your advertising for Differin topical gel.
Blank
i agree with you... i been drinking cokke for the past week and acne hit me bad
Blank
948349_tn?1294383837
Yup yup yup... DEFINITE correlation between coffee and acne... For that matter the correlation is caffeine and acne.  

I found in the beginning of the year, I quit drinking coffee for 2 months... For reasons not relating to acne.  What I found was that my acne was almost nearly gone!!!

But, I thought it was related to vitamin D because I had started supplementing vitamin D into my diet in an attempt to see if it could cure my acne.

What had happened is that I reintroduced coffee and caffeine back into my diet... as both coffee, large coffee, sometimes 2 a day, and I was drinking coke zero.

At the same time I increased my vitamin D therapy thinking the vitamin D is what was curing my acne.  Back to poopy pickle patrick pimped a pimple paradise... No fun at all.  

So with that, I realized it was not the vitamin D therapy that was helping my acne, it was something else.  

I have since cut out coffee and diet soft drinks out of my diet... and I've also done a multitude of other things, to find my acne is finally the best it's ever been in my entire life... and best of all no more oily skin!!!
Blank
948349_tn?1294383837
The big reason why... Caffeine causes a huge spike in the hormone cortisol... also the stress hormone.  This also stresses the sebaceous glands to make more oil.

I think coffee has many pesticides in it too... so lots of toxins you're ingesting with your coffee as well.  These toxins have to go somewhere, and sometimes your kidneys are already working overtime... (Esspecially with coffee that totally takes it's toll on your kidney's)... So the toxins have no place else to go but through the pores clogging them.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...