Acne Community
Cystic Acne Scar Between Eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Cystic Acne Scar Between Eyes

Hello, I am wondering if there could be any treatment that doesn't evolve lasers to help with cystic acne scaring. Between my eyes a very bad cystic pimple occurred where it never formed a head and slowly dispersed within a week or so. It left a crease that formed a long boxcar type frown line, even when I am not frowning. It is currently forming very mini black heads in the depressed area  that are  seeming to add to length and depth of the scar. Is there any creams or anything that can be done to lift that area or tighten the skin, add collagen back?  I am open to lasers but from the horror stories I am apprehensive about it. Thanks for your time.

I am 25 and my skin has moderate scarring but most of it is between the eyes and on the forehead which are boxcars, shallow rolling scars. Icepicks but those do not bother me much, just the large box cars, and then the frown line type scar that is long and skinny. Botox could fix it but that is temporarily fix. Does healthcare cover some options, as I am not rich by any means but have some liquid savings which from what I understand could cover 1 laser treatment. This is starting to cause social problems as people are uncomfortable because they can not look me in the eyes while we talk :)
Hi there!

You could try OTC skin lightening creams/ ointments containing tretinoin, hydroquinone, arbutin, azelaic acid, niacinamide etc. If these do not seem to help over a few weeks, I would suggest considering seeing a dermatologist for alternative management. There are other few interventional techniques other than lasers that are used for scar removal.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Aside from medications and laser treatment, there are many possible management for cystic acne such as dermabrasion, phototherapy, and even surgery. Cystic acne treatment usually depends on the severity,  and it is best that you discuss the management plan with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Seeking another dermatologist's opinion may also be helpful. Take care and do keep us posted.