Acne Community
Facial allergic reaction
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Facial allergic reaction

I've developed a major reaction/allergy all over my face, extremely sore/itchy/red and swollen, and many little itty bitty bumps appeared within hours from "not sure what?"  Usually don't wear makeup much at all-no issues ever with ache etc.  However, do have very sensitive skin and the past couple days have used some skin regime that I've never used before-also working in my basement mudding/taping/sanding...could be from that?  It is very uncomfortable and not seeming to improve, I've done nothing to treat it as I'm concerned that I may make it worse?  Would over the counter benadril creme/pills or some sort of steriod creme work?  Help me please!!!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I would try using 1% hydrocortisone cream to apply sparingly on the bumps, and Benadryl/diphenhydramine tablets to help get rid of the redness.  I had a similar situation two summers ago when I tried some new face product, so I feel your pain.  They won't go away immediately - mine lasted about a week, but the redness definitely went away within a day of starting the pills/cream.  Good luck!
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Hydrocortisone cream will help, as will anti-histamines like piriton. If anyone reading this post develops troubling breathing with a rash and swelling go to the hospital you may have anaphylaxis.
Blank
Most of my facial problems are the result of an allergic reaction.  When I get that "itch," I usually take three Claritin tablets and within 10-20 minutes the itch is gone.  I use it in conjunction with the Acne Free regimen.  Find the (food) trigger that causes it.  Don't just treat the symptoms, find the cause!!!  That'll be the cure'all.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...