HELP! Salicylic Acid Allergic Reaction
I recently bought Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash that has salicylic acid. I have had allergice reactions to face washes with Benzoyl Peroxide in the past, but I thought I would give this Neutrogena product a try.

I probably used it 4 or 5 times, and then I think I had an allergic reaction to the salicylic acid. My face became puffy, itchy, red, and very dry/flaky in certain areas.

I discontinued use of the Neutrogena face wash immediately, used a water-based moisturizer, and have been taking benadryl. Is there anything else I can do to treat the allergic reaction faster or more effectively?
How are you? Do you still have the symptoms that you mentioned? For faster management of allergic reaction, intramuscular route of antihistamine medication is usually done. But you have done the right thing in immediately discontinuing the trigger and taking the antihistamine medication. The symptoms usually resolve after this. However, if it persists, you may need to have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation.  Try not to scratch to prevent secondary infection also. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi Dr. Santos,
Thank you so much for your reply. With time, the symptoms have basically gone away, and the only remaining one is dryness and flakiness around certain areas of my face. I'm assuming I should just keep moisturizing.